Machine_ is a TTL creative agency with strong digital roots and is home to over 75 adventurous minds in Cape Town, Johannesburg and Durban. It is the agency’s mission to help brands find creative solutions to new challenges in a hyper-connected world, whilst at the same time building solid, long-term relationships with our clients.
Our mantra, Never Afraid, underpins our values of doing the right thing, being curious, solution orientated and at its core ‘getting things done!’. Living this mantra daily helps grow our clients’ businesses and these are the values we look for when recruiting new talent.
The right personality is just as important as the right experience. We’re here to work hard and have fun.
We’re looking for an experienced and passionate Production Manager based in Cape Town. The role will involve working on high profile brands, alongside the client service, traffic, DTP, development, strategic and creative teams
To be considered for this role you must have a basic knowledge of accounts and be able to work on the Chase system. Your attention to detail and efficient record keeping is key. Maintaining good relationships with your suppliers and staff is an important part of your role.
Your role & responsibilities:
- Sourcing efficient, quality and cost effective suppliers for production of jobs
- Maintain a comprehensive up-to-date log of all quotes to process
- Compare all quotes received to the original request and correct if necessary
- Drawing up quotations, purchase orders and checking invoices for upload to Chase
- Admin responsibility – filing, processing invoices and early payments and following up with Resources
- Work closely with finance to ensure production finance is in order
- Maintain accessible and logical e-filing systems for all ‘quotes received’, ‘order forms’ and ‘signed off quotes’
- Manage suppliers deadlines
- Communicate and coordinate with all suppliers in a professional manner
- Communicate and coordinate with clients regarding delivery if requested
- Keep a record of correspondence with suppliers in writing
- Co-ordinate collection of proofs by printers as quickly as possible without affecting our delivery deadlines
- Check all material received and report suspect quality immediately
- Maintain an up to date contact list of all freelancers and suppliers
- Manage budget on campaigns
- Create courier purchase orders and pack packages for courier
- Follow up on couriers and deliveries and confirm arrival of packages
- Purchase stock images accurately and timeously when requested following production process
- Co-ordinate freelancers (Illustrators, DTP, etc) on jobs that require external resource
- Set-up shoots, co-ordinating team and photography crew
- Co-ordinate schedules and any and all hiring related to shoots
- Comfortable with booking travel if and when required
- Best practice content marketing and editing knowledge
- Art Buying – good knowledge on all usage standards across image stock and music libraries
- Be proactive and take initiative on all things production including trends and new production / printing methods.
The personality of the ideal Machine_ Print Production Manager:
- Excellent organisational and communication skills (internal comms essential)
- Positive, can do attitude
- Collaborative, inclusive and inviting
- Driven to improve and excel
- You don’t accept the status quo
- You’re serious and hard-working but you don’t miss out on the opportunity to be childlike and energetic
- You’re authentic, determined, and open-minded
- Fanatical attention to detail and a determination to get things done right, on time and within budget
- Passionate and able to take initiative
The Machine_ working environment:
You get to deal with all the departments within the agency, learning about each skill as you go. You will deal with a variety of briefs, which makes every day different from the last. But the best part? Delivering a successful campaign/product to a happy client.
- 5 – 8 years’ experience in an agency and/or Production
- Driver’s license and own vehicle
- Meticulous attention to details; strong organizational skilll
- Ability to multi-task and utilize resources to execute tasks within a deadline oriented environment
- Strong analytical, prioritization, problem-solving and negotiating skills
- Willingness to work off-hours
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Commitment to “internal client” and customer service principles
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects
- Ability to get things done through formal channels and an informal network
- Commitment to continuous process improvement initiatives and ability to solve problems creatively
- Highly motivated and high level of initiative; inspires confidence to work independently and in support of department goals and business objectives
- Familiarity with a variety of online marketing concepts, best practices and procedures “client” and customer service principles
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.