TURNER & TOWNSEND
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 110 offices worldwide.
We are looking for a commercially astute Project Manager with proven health and or education sector experience, to join the London Real Estate team.
With the opportunity to work on live projects, leading small to medium sized complex commissions and supporting major complex new build schemes in London, this is a defined opportunity to take the lead and grow a successful career within our market leading Health & Education division.
Owing the the specialist nature of the projects involved, previous health sector experience will be required. Previous life sciences sector experience would also be welcome.
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE
- To lead Project Management Commissions, taking responsibility for end to end service delivery, often with respect to large or complex projects.
- To act as the key, day to day client interface, ensuring that client objectives are met and that projects are delivered to time, to budget and to the appropriate quality standards.
- Project Managers handle commissions of varying sizes depending upon the complexity of the project. Typically, projects fall within the £20m to £70m range.
- Leading the establishment of the overall success criteria for the project, including time, cost, technical and performance parameters
- Planning for and the ongoing management of quality, safety, health and environment issues
- Establishing effective project governance, processes and systems to be utilised throughout project
- Project planning, including ensuring the production of the detailed project plan
- Advising upon the procurement of resources
- Leading and facilitating the overall cross-functional project team
- Monitoring and applying performance management techniques, including the use of KPI’s to improve project performance
- Managing the change control process
- Monitoring and advising upon project finances
- Managing the flow of project information between the team and the client, through regular meetings and written communications
- Ensuring the production of formal project progress and other reports
- Taking a leading role in interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
- Marketing, business development and internal management will also be key accountabilities of this role.
- Depending upon context, a Project Manager is likely to report to an Associate Director or Director
- A proven track record of delivering high quality project management services across the full project lifecycle
- Professionally qualified at post-graduate level (must be an internationally recognised project management qualification)
- Degree qualified with cognate degree preferable
- Experience in Higher Education and schools projects
- Strong contract administration skills
- Commercially astute
- Experience of NEC contracts
- Dutch language proficiency preferable
- Knowledge of the UK Department for Education’s management systems and tools
- International education related project management experience, with exposure to other global Department’s for Education preferable
- Experience leading design management, procurement and contract administration for schemes ranging between £20m to £70m
- Experience in public and private client facing roles
- Experience in commercial negotiation and contract preparation
- Experience bidding for education related schemes
- Experience leading feasibility studies and managing client processes to secure funding
- Proven ability to act as the client’s representative on all technical matters, demonstrating strong consulting approach leading to successful outcomes
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.