STCU is a growing regional credit union that is consistently rated one of the top-performing credit unions in the nation, and have been named as one of Fortune Magazine’s Great Places to Work.
We look for employees who have a strong desire to serve others, are lifelong learners, committed to working hard, have a fun-loving attitude, and want to make a difference in our members’ lives.
We love people who share our passion for integrity, service, innovation, education, people, and celebration.
STCU offers excellent benefits:
- Paid Time Off
- Ten paid holidays
- Health Plan – Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental, and Vision
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Training and Development Programs
- Credit Union-wide semi-annual success sharing plan
The Project Manager II is responsible to maintain control and facilitate timely decisions on project schedule, budget and risk issues.
This position will provide management with regular project updates, maintain trusting relationships, identify project risks early and assist by providing prudent and timely recommendations for risk avoidance.
This position typically manages medium to large sized non-critical, standardized projects and includes elements of business analysis and software product management for business critical applications.
- Prioritize, plan, execute and manage assigned cross-functional and department projects according to deadlines and budgets.
- Assign deliverables and tasks to project team members.
- Work to resolve issues relating to assigned projects.
- Maintain effective project communications with team members, champions, sponsors and other credit union staff.
- Coordinate dependencies with other teams.
- Help remove impediments blocking team members’ progress.
- Track and maintain project progress using appropriate tools and ensure that it is updated regularly.
- Administer vendor relationships to effectively address business requirements during project implementation
- Research and recommend best practices for the project management process including project lifecycle, methodologies, project planning tools, etc.
- Seeks opportunities for process improvement and management, may recommend best practices to simplify complex processes.
Software Product Management / Business Analysis
- Recommend best practices for the business analyst process.
- Partner with business lines to research and evaluate new technologies to satisfy identified business needs.
- Extract business requirements for vendor evaluations and interface development.
- May identify business needs and determine solutions to business problems.
- May provide software product management for business critical applications.
- Partner with business lines to define and document business functions and processes.
Support and Consulting
- Provide effective leadership which results in a positive work environment and high-performing, cohesive teams.
- Capable of dealing with team members on routine project issues.
- Builds trusting relationships, influences client’s decisions and actions.
- Highly effective organizer with strong leadership skills and serves as a mentor.
- Recognizes situations and takes action to deal with them, proactively deals with situations, creates positive outcomes.
- Provide project support/consulting that meets the needs of STCU and business partners/relationships.
- Support other departments as needed.
- Identify and recommend strategies that meet the organizational goals and objectives.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- BS/BA degree preferred, AA degree required.
- Minimum of four years’ work experience in a financial institution environment and four years’ experience in a project management role.
- Certified as a Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred.
- Working knowledge of current Microsoft operating systems, SQL Server database and Office Automation Product.
- General knowledge in defining and writing business requirements, functional specification and QA testing documents.
- Demonstrated ability to accomplish projects with little supervision, both in a team atmosphere and independently; with above average time management skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to take projects and break them down into manageable deliverables and tasks.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office programs including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills required, including maintaining positive relationships and excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to facilitate meetings, interviews and presentations with various size groups; negotiates between all levels of employees and stakeholders in the project for optimum results.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a diverse work group, as well as independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to adapt to changes and prioritize and manage competing demands.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret data and understand and communicate complex and diverse information, and effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations exercising flexibility and sound judgment in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to make practical and timely decisions and explain reasoning for decisions.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Strong work ethic required, including the ability to complete duties on time, consistently arrive at work on time as scheduled, and ability to work flexible hours and weekends and overtime as needed.
- Must be able to regularly talk, hear, and operate a computer keyboard and mouse.
- Occasionally lift, pull/push, and carry up to 10 pounds.
- Exposure to constant or intermittent sounds at a low or moderate level consistent with an office setting.
- Exposure to high-stress, fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
Please review our website for more information at www.stcu.org/careers.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.