Adecco is currently hiring for a Property Administrator in Ottawa, ON. To be considered for this Property Administrator role you must have a minimum 3 years of progressive accounting experience, along with strong Yardi experience.
Prior experience within property accounting or real estate management is a strong asset. Our client is a leading insurance company and within this role, you will be responsible for liaising with the Property Management team on various accounting transactions and lease administration activity.
This is a full-time 6 month contract position and has a pay rate of $24.00 per hour.
The Property Administrator Responsibilities Include:
- Liaise with Property Management/Administration team on various accounting transactions and lease administration activity. Must ensure that the required information is accurate and is correctly entered into the financial accounting system on a timely basis. Review, analyze and resolve any financial accounting issues that may arise
- Create and monitor financial transactions that are processed through the properties, perform operating expense and variance analysis, projections, and compilation of comprehensive working papers for review
- Review and interpret tenant leases and assist in the preparation of packages for transmission
- With the cooperation and advice of the property management team, undertake and complete the preparation of the property annual operating plan, quarterly and/or monthly forecasts and variance analysis for submission. Review all quarterly and budget reports for accuracy, consistency and compliance. Adhere to, report on and reinforce established compliance requirements.
- Compile and prepare various working papers for tenant’s tax appeals and tenant audits
- Provide accounting expertise that supports the property management team through job costing and monitoring cost control projects on a monthly basis to ensure commitments and budgets are not exceeded
- Review of tenant arrears, preparation of account statement as required, as well as complete and track collections.
- Review, analyze and resolve any financial accounting issues that may arise
The Property Administrator Qualifications Include:
- University degree or post-secondary education preferably in finance, real estate accounting, or real estate management is an asset
- Bilingual (English & French) is an asset.
- Minimum 3 years of progressive commercial property accounting experience, knowledge of office properties is considered an asset.
- Ability to meet deadlines without compromising accuracy, excellent product quality and attention to detail.
- Strong spreadsheet skills (Excel) and other Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong Yardi experience is required.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational, analytical, time management and project management skills with a demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Strong relationship-building ability, proactive, results-oriented, and resourceful.
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service at all levels of the organization and with external partners.
- Liase with external and internal clients in completion of tenant service requests and delivery first class service to our tenants.
If you are interested in this Property Administrator job in Ottawa, ON, apply today. Also, please visit our Adecco website to check out other opportunities available at www.adecco.ca
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Adecco’s Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants will need to make their needs known in advance to their Adecco representative.
To apply for this job please visit www.adecco.ca.