MCGEE/ TIRE CHOICE COMMERCIAL CO-BRAND
Monro Commercial Solutions (MCS) is a dedicated commercial unit of Monro, Inc. that designed to help companies with their maintenance needs for their fleets of vehicles.
We’re committed to empowering our people and teams to serve our Clients. By joining MCS, you are a joining a team that will inspire you to do your best and enjoy a culture that cares about your success.
Monro, Inc., headquartered in Rochester, NY. Experience our unmatched success as the largest operator with close to 1300 auto service and tire stores coast to coast. Our market dominance is driven by teammates who exceed guest expectations and provide consistent value.
Recognized as an industry leader, we are a publicly held company (NASDAQ: MNRO) with an ongoing multiyear transformational change initiatives, investing nearly $100 million in our stores, technology and our teammates.
The Monro Family of auto service and tire centers feature quality brands, the majority offering complete auto care at significant savings compared to dealers.
We operate approximately 1300 stores, 98 franchised locations, 8 wholesale locations, and 3 retread facilities in 32 states. Our footprint extends from New England to the Southeast, the Mid-Atlantic to the Midwest, and now into California and the Western region.
The Retread Tire Technician is responsible for the retreading of commercial truck tires through series of manual and automated processes.
• Responsible for all aspects of the retread manufacturing process to include: inspections and evaluation of required tire repair, buffing tires, applying compounds, and curing
• Inspect repaired/retreaded tires to determine any defects according to industry standards and specifications and make additional repairs as needed
• Perform inspections on equipment used in repair/retread process and makes necessary repairs following manufacturer guidelines
• Maintains standards of cleanliness, orderliness, and appearance of plant
• Receives, unloads and stores tires/retreads and related products
• Adheres to all company and regulatory safety procedures and guidelines, including the use of protective safety equipment
• Performs other duties as assigned and required by direct supervisor
The Retread Tire Technician is an individual contributor to the team and operates under the general direction of the Retread Plant Manager
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of one month manufacturing or related experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and produce quality products
• Ability to learn new processes
• Ability to interpret and execute instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram formats
• Ability to take initiative in identifying problems, collecting data, and establishing facts in order to produce practical decisions and solutions
• Basic math skills
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
This job operates in a manufacturing environment at our Commercial Tire Center Tire facility. The job will have exposure to a moderate noise level, adverse weather conditions, chemicals, odors, dirt and dust.
Must be able to lift and stock merchandise and supplies up to 75 lbs.
Ability to safely use all machinery required in the retread process
Frequent standing and walking for long periods of time
Frequent reaching overhead and below the knees, including squatting, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.