Who are we?
We are a new team, codenamed Gryphon. We are building a subscription platform, one that can be reused by other teams in the future. This is a first for Twitter! Gryphon is a team of web engineers who are closely collaborating with the Payments team and the Twitter.com team.
We are looking for a back-end engineer to contribute to the Payment and Subscription client work, someone who values collaboration as much as we do and can act as a bridge for the engineering team. It’s a great opportunity for all teams involved!
The team is made up of people from all over the world. We work from London, San Francisco, Boston and New York, and we collaborate across these time zones in an efficient way.
Our members come from all sorts of different backgrounds and countries. These are folks who have studied Anthropology, Economics and Design. Other teammates are from France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Turkey, USA and the UK. Diversity is at the core of our team culture!
What’s our tech stack?
On the backend, our team has experience with multiple technologies. We are building services with Scala, using Thrift to power GraphQL. We have got a strong culture of collaboration in the development of software.
Many of the tools we use daily are open source and maintained by Twitter.
Who are you?
First off, you don’t need a Computer Science degree to apply. We welcome people from all backgrounds. In fact, many people on the team don’t have a CS degree—or any degree for that matter.
What you’ll need to have:
- You need to be able to work both autonomously and as part of a team, including the ability to collaborate closely with engineers in remote offices
- You take a collaborative approach to work and can incorporate feedback from product, design and your engineering peers
- You care about helping users succeed in their goals through the features you build
- Prior experience in Scala, Java, or a JVM-based or other functional programming language would be suitable
- You have an eagle-eye for detail and passion for perfection
- You have a disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
- You have a good understanding of programming concepts such as: common data structures and algorithms, profiling / optimisation
- You have a strong knowledge of design patterns, test-driven development and consumption of web services
- Links to open source or any public code
- Great written communication and documentation abilities
- Data-informed product development: analytics, A/B testing, etc.
- Experience dealing with accessibility issues
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.