Come and join us in this exciting, pressurized position, where you will be responsible for leading and supervising a large team of artisans. You will manage resources, planned maintenance, controlling workflow and training.
By looking after our assets, you’ll become an asset too.
Anglo American has a portfolio of world-class mining operations. We mine, process, move and market the essential ingredients that enable a cleaner, more connected world and that meet fast growing consumer-driven demands for products from smartphones to electric cars. Our basic materials build homes, offices, railways and airports, and our diamonds fulfil people’s dreams.
We are at the forefront of change in our industry; innovating with purpose – pushing boundaries to create new opportunities and demonstrate our values.
As the custodians of precious natural resources – diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore, coal and nickel – we rely on our high-performing teams to combine integrity, creativity and smart innovation with the utmost consideration for local communities, our customers and the world at large.
In this position,some of the responsibilities will include:
- Planned maintenance and controlling workflow as well as project co ordination and shutdowns
- Resource and Contractor Management
- Maintenance of equipment and services and condition monitoring
- Complete safety, injury, hazard, risk and incident reports and manage required meetings as well as conduct regular inspections on all works to ensure safety and maintenance of technical standards
- Planning and monitoring expenditure on budgets
- Ensure quality management is maintained (Stainless and mild steel pipes, lining systems etc)
This role is in the Engineering department at a D1 level and reports into the Section Engineer.
To successfully apply for this role you will need:
- Grade 12 with Mathematics and Physical Science
- Engineering Foreman Certificate
- Boilermaker Trade Certificate (TIG, MIG, ARC welding)
- 7 years post qualification and extensive experience as a foreman in the mining industry
- MHSA compliance
- This will be a 2.9.2 appointment in terms of the MHS Act
- Computer literate – MS Office
- Valid Code 08 drivers licence
What we offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none.
From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
If your application is successful, criminal and other background checks, where appropriate, will be required.
Inclusion and Diversity
We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are. We provide equality of opportunity to enable everyone to fulfil their potential.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.