At Jayway, we are more than 200 colleagues within development, design, testing and project management, located in Sweden, Copenhagen and the U.S. We appreciate making innovative solutions with our clients.
We aim for fun and challenging projects of the right size – typically 3-8 people, working agile, exploring and developing creative technology solutions.
We work with clients ranging from small specialist companies to some of the biggest ones in the world. We’ve introduced agile methodologies at many of our clients, and of course practice what we preach.
Are you a passionate developer who values excellence in everything you do? Are you curious and love learning and testing new technologies? Do you enjoy working in cross-functional teams with high autonomy to solve real problems? If so, we got a place for you.
Web applications are an integral part of many of Jayway’s projects. As a developer, we expect you to take shared ownership and responsibility of guiding the team in the development process to solve the right problems in the right way. Sometimes you might be the only expert in your field, working closely with backend and UX/UI designers.
You are comfortable sharing your knowledge with the team and clients, and working with a high level of autonomy. Your goal is to develop innovative solutions for clients that provide actual business value.
Your typical work will contain:
- Developing and delivering high-quality products and services.
- Being a specialist within your area.
- Identifying areas of improvement and proactively implementing those with the team.
- Having regular communication with clients
- Driving and engaging in your own competence development, as well as helping develop the team and your competence community.
The following are a guide and we’d still love to hear from candidates with more, less, or different experience, provided the requisite skills can be demonstrated. However, it is a requirement that you have a valid Swedish work permit and are able to work in Malmö.
- Knowledge and professional experience in software development
- Appreciate to work closely with Software Engineers (Frontend, Backend, Mobile), UX Designers, project managers as well as clients to identify and use the relevant knowledge from their respective areas into your solutions.
- Understand the value of code review and its place in software engineering.
- Have shipped fully-featured web apps to production.
- Professional experience with working in agile teams.
- Experience with communication protocols and practices like HTTP, WebSockets and REST
We would love if you also have:
- Working experience in backend languages and platforms such as .net, java, kotlin or node.js.
- Have experience in building toolchains, CI/CD, and other supporting technologies.
As Jaywayer in Malmö you get:
- Awesome and skilled colleagues at our headquarter office in Malmö
- A human-centric, value-based culture
- Best-in-class (we can prove it!) competence development.
- 10 competence days per year incl. an annual trip with your studio.
- Challenging and rewarding assignments; many of them end-to-end
- Health service, access to massage, naprapath, etc.
- Wellness grants for sports activities
- Many social events during the year. Jaywayers are creative and come up with all sorts of fun activities. And why not bring your own fav activities.
- Opportunity to work abroad.
A fair chance
Jayway is open to applications from all sections of society. We believe diverse teams help us make better products. We welcome all people regardless of age, gender, experience and background. If you can see yourself in this role and feel you can bring value and a unique perspective to Jayway, we hope you will send us your application – even if you do not necessarily meet all the above requirements.
We invite all suitable candidates in for interviews to learn more about you and introduce ourselves. If our culture and expectations align then we invite you to a technical interview. After this is a final interview with the studio/lead we feel is best suited to help you thrive at Jayway.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.