At IFS you will work in a growing, global enterprise software company built upon committed and empowered colleagues who come to work knowing they are making a difference.
We work everyday with customers who continue to challenge their markets and competitors. As a challenger ourselves, we partner with our customers to guide them through their digital transformations and extract the most value out of our software solutions.
We take pride in ensuring that our employees are able to achieve the company goals as well as develop their career. We believe empowered autonomy, committed colleagues and being part of a winning team are the keys to our success and what makes us great! We are #ForTheChallengers and if that resonates with you, we would love to hear from you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Corporate Services (CoS) is responsible for driving all current and future digitisation and IT related business transformation projects under the guidance of our Chief Digitization & Information Officer (CDIO).
At the heart of this are a number of mission critical business systems which are at the centre of our IT and digitisation strategy. This position of IT Project Manager is responsible for the successful delivery of the business benefits that these projects are designed to facilitate with a specific focus on exploiting the capabilities of one of these mission critical systems, ServiceNow, and maximising the benefits of the system to IFS.
The position forms part of a Project Management Office (PMO) and is assigned to a broad range of digitisation and IT related initiatives, some bringing improvements to our internal IT operations, but many targeting the wider IFS business needs.
Consequently, the position is required to demonstrate leadership skills, both to the immediate project team and to the wider IFS organisation, instilling trust and confidence in our ability to deliver business value.
The main responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Delivering successfull project outcomes in accordance with defined benefits and deliverables to time, cost and quality;
- Leading and managing project team(s) and their day to day activities to secure project deliveries aligned to the project objectives;
- Balancing the right ingredients (structure, information, simplicity, motivation, etc.) for each project to boost the team’s engagement and performance;
- Managing all aspects of the project life cycle (stakeholders, budget, resources, timeline, quality, risks, hand over to operations, procurement, vendor relations, etc.) to secure a healthy project excution and deliveries aligned to the project objectives;
- Consolidating project performance data (KPIs) and analyzing it to enable informed decision making;
- Reporting to the Project Steering Committees, including senior IFS stakeholders, and the Project Management Office regarding project status & performance, project risk and risk mitigaiton and project financial performance;
- Managing projects in alignment with the CoS project methodology and tools and actively contributing to their continuous improvement;
- Engaging with co-workers from the PM community through sharing experiences and mentoring;
- Undertaking lessons learnt activities following project completion and contributing to continuous improvement activities and initiatives.
- Extensive experience in managing ServiceNow related IT projects and their associated budgets;
- Practical, functional knowledge of ServiceNow including business processes supported and the business benefits delivered by successful implementations;
- Proficiency in agile and waterfall project management methodologies and associated project management tools and understand of the value that each approach brings;
- Focus on building & maintaining a strong relationships with project stakeholders, respecting their needs and identifying business opportunities;
- Experience in managing external suppliers and product providers and ensuring their fulfillment of their contractual obligations in accordance with their contribution to the project;
- Comprehensive understanding of the complete project lifecycle from inception to handover to operational support;
- Skilled in managing project risks and introducing effective mitigation strategies so as to ensure project delivery to time, cost and quality;
- Skilled in planning resource requirements and managing their effective allocation within the project so as to secure project objectives and deliverables;
- Ability to lead workshops, presentations and discussions;
- Ability to document and communicate complex topics concisely and comprehensively;
- Experience in facilitating business change through project results including specifically the management of effective communication plans to key stakeholders and attaining their full commitment to the project;
- Experience of managing virtual, distributed teams remotely comprising members from different backgrounds and cultures.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, both personally and with respect to managing the project team;
- Act as a leader who can build trustful relationships and effectively leverage successful projects in a global organisation;
- Drive change, delivering on promises, breaking down obstacles and barriers that potentially threaten delivery success;
- Demonstrate flexibility, bringing together different personalities, roles, skills, and cultures into engaged teams that can effectively leverage project results;
- See the whole picture and be prepared to adapt and be creative in order to remain aligned with customer expectations in a complex and fast moving environment;
- Hold strong communication and interpersonal skills, be fluent in English and share our common mindset.
Education & Experience
- At least 3 years’ experience working in the following areas:
- ServiceNow project implementations and integrations across a broad range of the product’s functional areas;
- Project management including use of tools and formal methodologies (e.g. PRINCE2, PMBOK, waterfall or agile);
- A solid understanding of common business processes and extensive experience in driving successful IT projects supporting them;
- Stakeholder management and building the trust of both internal customers and project teams;
- Reporting to Management/Senior Management regarding project performance (time, cost and quality);
- Managing technical teams including their day to day tasking and performance management;
- Certification in ITIL version 3 and above;
- Experience of IT Service Management processes
- Formal Project Management Certification
IFS develops and delivers enterprise software for customers around the world who manufacture and distribute goods, maintain assets, and manage service-focused operations.
The industry expertise of our people and solutions, together with commitment to our customers, has made us a recognised leader and the most recommended supplier in our sector. Our team of 4,000 employees supports more than 10,000 customers worldwide from a network of local offices and through our growing ecosystem of partners. For more information, visit: IFS.com.