THE NIELSEN COMPANY
Nielsen is building talent pipeline to meet future hiring demand. This is a pipeline role, while there is not an immediate opening, we want to build relationships with prospective candidates like you.
If your background is a match to our requirements, we’ll follow up with the exploratory conversation.
ABOUT THIS JOB
Our global Operations function plays a pivotal role to help our clients improve their business performance. The Operations teams work to translate client needs into technical specifications and help our client service function process data efficiently and effectively.
We are currently seeking a Client Liaison Team Lead to join our KL Operations team based in Plaza 33 office, servicing MY and SG markets.
The role is an excellent opportunity to become a leader for a unique team of 5 associates playing an extremely important role for MY and SG business: to drive added value for our clients via coordination of Commercial and Ops team efforts to meet the best way clients’ needs, bringing clarity on requests and solutions, helping to design the best solutions.
Client Liaison Team acts as the first point of contact for external clients and various internal stakeholders, including the client service teams. We are seeking for a person with strong problem-solving ability who has demonstrated experience working with complex systems and processes and teams.
For the CL Team Lead role it is critical to have an ability to see a big picture and connect it with end2end processes, to “translate” clients’ needs into operational language and explain to clients benefits of the solutions created.
The core aspects of the role and their responsibilities are outlined below:
Act as Client Liaison and ensure that CL team acts this way:
- Capture client requirements around database set up and adaptations, around quality, on time delivery, interpreting the client need and working with different stakeholders to provide the best solution
- Continuous engagement with CS & Clients from an operational process perspective to explain the challenges, impacts, benefits for clients’ deliverables.
- Constant Improvements approach for BAU for all Ops processes making impact in clients’ deliverables and clients’ satisfaction
Be accountable for:
- Plan, coordinate and control CL team work, ensuring a great say/do ratio.
- Define team strategy and translate Company goals into team/individual goals.
- Interacts with clients and the commercial team to resolve queries faster. Understand Client requirements first time right so as to raise requests to Ops with accurate info.
- Follow up on outstanding client tickets and ensures on time and on quality execution, as well as prompt escalation/communication if potential issues arise
- Support the quality team in root cause analysis and communicates action plans to client
- Report quality metrics on behalf of clients, including databases delivered with errors
- Educating clients on Proactive Communication and gathering new launches to ensure all new items are created proactively
- Impact Analysis and Coverage analysis preparation for faster response to client
- E2E Costing is driven by CLMs for all CLM clients.
- Product Category Description preparation and regular revision.
- Ensure that the CL Team has all needed resources: people, expertise in clients’, client’s needs, databases area as well as in operations process area, skillset, visibility, proactive approach, engagement on a regular basis with all stakeholders. Deliver strategic vision to the team, long term and short term targets.
Develop and manage relationships across senior members of Nielsen and major clients:
- Learn and understand the clients’ products and categories, propose and align their data standards.
- Engage with the quality lead to apply process improvement learnings within your way of working and ensure clients quality issues are addressed
- Support the implementation of action plans where Client or Client Service involvement is required.
- Communicate delivery requirements to Output Lead
- Min Bachelor’s Degree in Analytics background: Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or Marketing Strong technology skills – competency in MS word, excel, power point.
- Team management experience – min 2 years in building teams, motivation, growing talents, tagetes and projects management through others
- Proactivity, critical thinking, decision making skills with a strong attitude towards driving teams and stakeholders to achieve the best results within deadlines.
- Ability to build relationships and communicate effectively across various stakeholders, including senior stakeholders
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills and an eye for detail
- Genuine interest in FMCG, research, analytics, project management
- Confident and enthusiastic person who is able to manage a varied and unpredictable workload with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure and to ask for support when required.
- Project management experience, certification is a plus
ABOUT NIELSEN We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what’s next with us at Nielsen: careers.nielsen.com
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.