Paying the right way, getting paid what you’re worth — it’s complicated, and it matters. Compensation used to be a dark art. Not anymore. PayScale helps employers and their employees understand the right pay for every position and effectively communicate about compensation.
PayScale pioneered the use of crowd-sourced compensation data and unique matching algorithms to power the world’s most advanced compensation platform and continues to be the compensation market leader, featured in G2 Crowd’s 100 Best Software Companies for 2018, based on user reviews.
We foster a working environment that generates new ideas, promotes ownership and experimentation, and encourages highly motivated individuals to be truly creative. Are you forward-thinking, tenacious, and inventive? If so, PayScale may be the perfect place for you to grow your career!
Mission: We believe data-informed discussions about compensation benefit both employers and employees and that greater pay transparency promotes equity, engagement and employee retention.
What You Do: As a Senior Manager of the Renewals and Expansion team you will provide leadership to a team of Solutions Account Managers (SAM) and Renewal Development Representatives (RDR). You will be responsible for customer account management, strategic leadership, and people development. You will work directly with the team members to coach on renewals and install base growth, build and lead processes and team structure, forecast business outcomes, and assist with customer engagements.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
25%: Sales coaching and leadership
- Lead and coach team on install base renewals and existing customer upsell/cross-sell activities
- Strategize with leadership and mentor team to implement sales plays focused on grow sales penetration in existing accounts
- Own customer dashboards with regular pipeline and opportunity reviews with SAMs and RDRs in support of customer renewal sales strategy
- Analyze data and trends to identify growth opportunities and areas of risk for customers as well as employees
- Cross functional alignment: Enlist the efforts of sales reps, customer success managers, order management, and senior management to accelerate the contract renewal process and ensure customer satisfaction
- Coach and guide team through forecasting and reporting activities
25%: Sales Leadership
- Serve as a SME for strategic level conversations with PayScale customers
- Partner closely with Customer Success leadership to support employees as they handle customer objectives and drive values based activities
- Refine and improve the Renewals team processes, structure, and engagement model
- Analyze customer renewal trends and recommend innovative plays
- Identify areas for innovation and build them by creating and updating new functional processes, playbooks and supporting materials
- Assist in creation and delivery of internal Quarterly Business Review to be delivered to leadership
- Partner with internal departments to share customer feedback around products and experiences (voice of the customer)
- Engage with revenue leadership to implement and achieve strategic business objectives
50%: People development
- Lead and develop a team of Solutions Account Managers and Renewal Development Representatives at varying experience levels to be effective sales and growth sales representatives
- Effectively manage a geographically dispersed and remote team to ensure employee engagement and satisfaction
- Build trust with individual contributors and provide developmental feedback for continuous improvement
- Focus around development and career growth for SAMS and RDRs by supporting their long term personal and professional goals and advocating for those individual contributors
Senior Sales Manager – Renewals & Expansion, includes:
- 7+ years of proven sales ability with a solid focus on value selling contracts and install base customer strategy
- 3+ years of demonstrated ability with subscription and software offers
- 5+ years of people management and coaching experience
- Familiarity of interaction between contracts, terms of service and legal requirements
- History of building and growing new teams
- Clear history of coaching and developing individual performers
- Strong analytical skills to identify team trends and patterns to drive up sales results
- Skilled in Salesforce and Microsoft Office
- High ethical standards to protect the confidentiality of client and survey publisher data
- Strong organization and planning skills to handle a variety of responsibilities and assignments simultaneously
- Ability to work autonomously, show success in self-directed learning and be self-managing
- Relationship building skills and ability to successfully navigate meaningful situations, demands and people
- Passion for helping individual performers meet their personal and professional goals
- Time Management: Proven organizational/time management skills with ability to prioritize tasks and initiatives in a fast-paced environment
- Problem Solving: A self- starter with a love for problem solving, building innovative solutions, and an ability to see the “big picture”
- Accountability: Desire to own an outcome and the ability to accept and apply mentoring and feedback
- Rapport Building: Strong relational skills to establish strong rapport within multiple levels of customer organizations
- Overcoming Objections: An aptitude for conducting tough conversations, including overcoming objections and a knack for keeping clients accountable to reaching their definition of success
- Communication: Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills with an ability to interact at all levels in an organization including staff, management, and executives
Hiring Process: “Change is the only constant in life (and PayScale)” – Heraclitus (okay, so we paraphrased a bit). The hiring process outlined below is a rough overview, and is subject to change based on business priority, interviewer availability, etc.
- Speak with one of our friendly recruiters.
- Speak with the hiring manager.
- Participate in a virtual hiring loop.
Benefits & Perks – The Highlights:
- Flexible Paid Time Off policy
- 10 paid holidays
- Amazing Medical/Vision/Dental/Prescription coverage: 100% company-paid premiums for employees; 50% for eligible partners and dependents
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options for pre-tax employee allocations towards: Medical, Dependent Care, Parking, and Transit
- Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, and Company-paid Life Insurance
- Competitive Maternity and Paternity Leave, and onsite Mother’s Room
- 401k which vests immediately, complete with company match
- Onsite bike storage, lockers, showers, and clothes dryer
- Ergo friendly chairs and sitting-standing desks
- Company-hosted happy hours every Friday afternoon
- Fido Fridays (our canine colleagues join us every Friday. WOOF!)
Equal Opportunity Employer: PayScale provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
PayScale complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.