Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences.
Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
If you are excited about solving gamechanging challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.
The Brand Portfolio Management department of Ubisoft oversees the development of all titles across Ubisoft’s global network of production studios.
As part of the department’s Creative Services, the Narrative Team has the mission to support, evaluate and guarantee the narrative quality across all projects through script notes, script doctoring, workshops, writers rooms, and general feedback and recommendations.
Joining a small team of Narrative Advisors, and work in close collaboration both with top management at HQ and creative leads in our global production studios, your role is to ensure that the narrative content and experience of our titles in development matches Ubisoft’s creative vision and quality expectations.
- Providing expert support and problem solving to production teams concerning the narrative content and experience of our games in development (beyond scripts, subjects covered mostly concern typical elements of a Narrative Bible, i.e. concept pitches, worldbuilding, characters, theme, tone, story treatment, environmental storytelling…);
- Providing expert analyses to top management at HQ concerning the quality of the narrative content and experience of our games in development;
- Developing tools and processes to help HQ departments assess the quality of a project’s narrative, and production teams define and execute their intentions for the narrative experience;
- Supporting the search, recruitment and onboarding of external experts and writers;
- Producing benchmarks, reviews and analyses related to different forms of storytelling (internal and competitor games, movies, TV series, graphic novels, books…);
- Centralizing and promoting all information and resources regarding narrative at Ubisoft, assuming the role of a dedicated point of contact for both HQ and production teams.
Our dream candidate
· Has relevant experience in video games, film, TV, or literary publishing;
· Has had a prior significant experience as Writer, Story Editor, Creative Producer etc.;
· Has an extensive literary, film and TV culture;
· Has a strong understanding of video games and pop culture;
· Has a sharp understanding of storytelling techniques and best practices in film, TV and literature and the ability to transfer them to an interactive medium;
· Has professional fluency in English (in speaking and writing);
· Has an academic degree in Literature, Drama, Film Studies, or Creative Writing;
· Can travel frequently to Ubisoft’s HQ in Paris, France, or to any of our global production studios;
· Feels comfortable holding meetings and workshops via video call;
· Possesses excellent communication skills and enjoys influencing and creating consensus;
This position can be based in HQ (France/ Saint-Mandé, Paris), London, Toronto, Montréal, San Fransisco or Los Angeles.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.