At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to modernize the nation’s housing finance system while being part of an inclusive team using new, emerging technologies. Here, you will help lead our industry forward, enhance your technical expertise, and make your career.
As a valued colleague on our team, you will help provide oversight for the Scrum process and product lifecycle. You will understand and use Agile methodologies, as well as define product scope and goals.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
Our Single-Family Technology team in Reston, VA is looking for a Sr. Scrum Master that will be part of the most important digital transformation work at Fannie Mae.
As an experienced Scrum Master, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and developers in various initiatives including building front-end Delivery system Target State, AWS Cloud migration, re-platform with Microservices, and support Application Development and Enablement.
In this role, you will be coaching development teams to help them maximize their potential both at the team level, as well as individually. We would like a Scrum Master that promotes the Agile mindset in Agile teams and isn’t afraid to challenge and remove organizational and cultural impediments.
The Single-Family – Scrum Master – Senior Associate role will offer you the flexibility to make each day your own while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Utilize Agile practices (e.g., Kanban, SAFe, Lean) to help Squads deliver more self-sufficiently
- Ensure project vision and goals are met and communicate project workflow to keep colleagues informed every step of the way.
- Identify and help remove organizational roadblocks that limit team productivity and quality, and provide meaningful feedback to the team, so the team can improve, innovate, and move forward independently.
- Collaborate with the team on the continuous improvement including both Agile practices and Agile engineering.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
Minimum Required Experiences – 4 Years of Experience
Desired Experiences – Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Certified Scrum Master Required
- Proven experience with enhancing Agile processes and developing high-performing Agile teams
- Experience with PI Planning, facilitate scrum ceremonies for the teams (Sprint Planning, Retrospective, Backlog Refinement & Review/Demo)
- Experience with facilitating the discussions of complex, high value IT delivery projects that require the coordination of development or technology work on multiple platforms to achieve the desired functionality
- Working experience with Lean Agile process and principles and Scaled Agile (SAFe)
- Ability to utilize Agile tools such as JIRA, Confluence
- Adept with agile metrics and advanced JIRA filters to drive team productivity and maturity
- Takes a coach/mentor approach to help teams adopt an attitude of continuous improvement. Strong ability to act as a servant leader/facilitator of team meetings
- Help build a productive team environment where teamwork and group problem solving is encouraged
- Excellent communication skills including listening, verbal, written, facilitation and presentation skills
- Background in Project Management experience would be a plus
Job ID: REF3247Z
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at Fanniemae.com/careers.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at [email protected]
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.