FireEye is the intelligence-led security company. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting.
With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. FireEye has over 9,000 customers across 103 countries, including more than 50 percent of the Forbes Global 2000.
As Senior Technical Support Engineer you will possess a proven aptitude for learning new technologies and progressing your level of expertise constantly, in a proactive self-driven manner. You will be highly analytical with the ability to derive facts quickly, methodically, and accurately.
This is a customer facing role. You will support a small set of named customers. This senior role has wide discretion to act in the best interest of their customers, including going on-site and orchestrating assistance from any other FireEye technical support, professional services, sales or engineering organizations.
Most frequently, you will be based in proximity to the customer to build relationships through face-to-face interactions and onsite assistance.
As a Senior Technical Support Engineer, you must be able to effectively configure and utilize complex lab setups to duplicate and solve Customer reported problems. Creative problem-solving skills, resourcefulness and the ability to work under pressure are key attributes.
What You Will Do:
- Serve as first contact for technical support issues.
- Lead escalation response.
- Drive elimination of any customer or internal bottlenecks impeding problem resolution.
- Develop ongoing relationship with customer and become their advocate.
- Provide proactive guidance and encourage adoption and assist in deployment of new product releases.
- Manage the status and internal and customer communications of service requests, product requests, defects, customer project plans, etc.
- Collaborate with support management to orchestrate support response beyond the DSEs direct capability.
- Conduct regular reviews (at least quarterly) of service delivery quality, industry threat assessments and solicit feedback on service delivery and product capabilities and quality.
- Manage the logistical aspects of any events, on-sites, or remotely attended customer facing events in order to fulfill Platinum Plus agreement obligations.
- Travel to customer sites to expedite problem resolution, provide FireEye visibility, facilitate communication and project manage initiatives.
- Work with the field to develop sales activities.
- Interface with FireEye’s Product Managers on behalf of assigned accounts.
- 4 + years’ experience in the Technical Support field, Support Centre experience an advantage.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with customers as well as with internal engineers.
- Excellent time management and troubleshooting skills
- Eagerness to learn new technologies/skills
- Highly Proficient in Microsoft and Linux Operating Systems to, comfortable working at CLI and having Administration experience.
- Experience of in-depth Log Analysis using command line tools
- Advanced knowledge of networking technologies, internetworking devices and protocols
- Intermediate level knowledge of Firewall, VPN, IDS and related network security design and implementation;
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently and idiomatically, including technical concepts and terminology. Multiple language skills a plus.
- Only for Singapore citizens due to security clearance requirements.
- Experience working with and supporting Fortune 500 companies.
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision.
- Must be proactive.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Must be success oriented.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.