OPEN UNIVERSITIES AUSTRALIA
It’s an exciting time to be part of Open Universities Australia (OUA) – Australia’s destination for online tertiary study. As a not-for-profit, we empower students from all walks of life by helping them achieve their goals and transforming their lives through access to education from universities across the country.
We are on an exciting journey to be the best online marketplace for higher education. We have an opportunity for a Senior UX designer to join our team to help us continue improving the experiences of our students and university partners, and help inform and execute our strategy.
As a Senior UX designer, you’ll be working closely with product managers, engineering, and others to help define product strategy and champion the user experience in our products.
As a senior UX designer your accountabilities will include:
- Partner with members of Product Operations, Product and Marketing to deliver high-quality work.
- Be a strong storyteller. You’ll also need strong facilitation and collaboration abilities, a flexible and friendly approach to working with teams, and the attitude to always strive for the best outcomes.
- Facilitate workshops with engineers and product managers to establish project scope and potential solutions to the identified problems in the most effective way.
- Help cross functional teams plan and conduct exploratory user research and effective usability tests.
- Influence and craft how we go about our work, design experiments, and inform product teams roadmaps.
- Previous experience as UX Designer working on products in an experimental environment (eCommerce, Retail, or Marketplace will be highly regarded).
- Exposure to SaaS or complex enterprise applications.
- Have first-hand experience in a metric driven organisation and can demonstrate a track record of delivering outcomes.
- Worked within cross-functional teams and ability to work with various stakeholders and executives across a business to influence a result.
- Experience working with Content Strategy an advantage.
- Experience in service design principles, such as customer journey mapping is an advantage.
- Ability to research and develop customer empathy and validate concepts.
- Be a self-starter with an eye for detail and the ability to get to the root of the problem with a laser focus on the customer.
- Hands-on experience of synthesising qual and quant insights.
- Experience building a design system with design tokens and a JS component library.
- Have strong execution skills and adept in modern tools such as Sketch, Figma, Framer, Miro, Invision, Maze etc.
You will be part of a cross functional team that is responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining OUA’s design system.
You will collaborate with members of your Product Operations team to understand requirements and develop solutions that meet the needs of customers. You will have a growth mindset – you demand the best of yourself and those around you.
*Please note that only people that have valid working rights in Australia will be considered.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.