We are seeking a talented, hands-on technical developer with a passion for innovation with the latest Microsoft/Azure based technologies joining a team of professionals in a fast-paced environment where they will be a key player with technical development responsibilities. Self-starter who values their work and that of their team members.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designing, implementing and debugging new software systems
- Enhancing and maintaining existing software components including user interfaces, APIs, services, databases and reports.
- Researching and prototyping proof of concept solutions based on client requirements and making recommendations to management
- Interacting with customer stakeholders, end users and team members to identify application requirements
- Troubleshooting production problems related to software applications
- Responding to end user problem reports, reviewing suggestions for improvements and enhancement requests.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of experience developing data management systems and web applications
- 1+ years of hands-on experience in a senior developer role
- Expert understanding of MS SQL Server 2008+ with ability to write user defined functions, stored procedures, analyze query plans and profiling traces, and utilizing Sequel Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Expert knowledge of C#, SQL, ASP.NET / Familiarity with Entity Framework 6, or another object-relational library. Hands-on understanding of all facets of software development life cycle including hands-on familiarity with Agile and CMMI methodologies.
- Tools – MS Visual Studio, SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), Exposure to GIS maps, google maps and web apis for ESRI, Understanding of data warehouse in cloud, cloud services in Azure and AWS like storage and serverless APIs
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- AngularJS 1.x, Angular 6/7, TypeScript
- Additional Platforms/Tools: Selenium WebDriver, WPF, ESRI ArcGIS, MongoDB or other NoSQL platforms, Microsoft Azure
- Experience with MS Test, NUnit or another unit testing library.
- Configuration of Internet Information Services 8+ (IIS) running on Windows Server 2012+
- Job Location: Sterling, VA (3-days/week Remote)
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Pay: Up to $140K/yr (Depends on Experience)
- Clearance: Eligible for Public Trust