DPD GROUP UK
DPD is the fastest growing express parcel delivery company in the UK, with a turnover over £1 billion. Voted the nation’s favourite parcel carrier for the last 7 years, we have a very clear strategy to support our enviable position. We will deliver the best service, use the best technology and recruit and retain the best people in the industry.
We are currently recruiting a Shift Manager, to help strengthen our depot operations team and help them achieve ever-greater heights. This role is based at our depot in Dartford DA1 1JQ.
In this role you will be managing a team of warehouse operatives throughout the night making sure that they are engaged, organised and motivated, while they unloading the lorries that arrive to the Depot.
You will oversee the accurate sortation of the parcels to ensure this is achieved inline with Key Performance Indicators.
Other key accountabilities will be;
- Achieving the Depot objectives relating to Health & Safety, productivity, and cost to deliver outstanding service to our customers
- Resourcing additional staff at short notice in the event of any employee absence
What we’re looking for;
- You will have experience in a fast paced operation with proven and demonstrable people management experience, involving direct accountability and responsibility for motivating and leading a high performing team.
- You will have strong communication skills with the ability to inspire, motivate and manage team.
- Decisive and effective decision-making, problem resolution and time management skills.
- Demonstrate high levels of resilience, self-motivation and flexibility.
- Excellent computer skills with the ability to use Google chrome applications
- The ability to do comprehensive reporting, alongside analysis of data is a key requirement for this role.
- You will be highly vigilant to any unscrupulous activity taking swift and appropriate action when required.
You will have a comprehensive induction to DPD where we will go through the key processes that are required to make you a ‘rock star’.
This role will require you to work night shifts. Our depots operate 365 days a year, therefore you will be required to cover any 5 night shifts, which will include weekend working.
A full UK driving license is essential.
Your package will include a competitive salary and you will also be entitled to a competitive bonus scheme that is based on individual and company targets. As well as this you have access to some other fantastic optional benefits such as Cycle2Work Scheme, Dining Cards, Holiday trading and discounts and savings on 1000’s of retailers.