What do we do at Karmak? We create dealer management systems (DMS) software for the heavy-duty trucking and automotive industries. Walk into any auto or truck dealership or parts/service shop, and they’ll access a DMS to check their inventory for a new sale or schedule your vehicle for an oil change.
At Karmak, our team of industry experts design, develop, train, and support DMS systems that provide visibility, control, and cost savings to our customers.
We are innovative problem solvers – in software as well as Sales, Marketing, Consulting, Support, Training, and more – and we’re always looking for bright, curious minds to join our team.
Karmak is in the fast lane to building a successful team that likes to work with innovative technology. Our customers are in the commercial transportation industry and streamlined operations have never been more important.
Karmak has been on the highway of this industry for 35 years. We serve more than 1,500 locations across North America. We motivate, inspire and push each other because we are an employee owned company so each employee’s success is a company investment.
Daily Job Functions – What’s in your GPS?
- Working on a collaborative mid-size team of Software Developers delivering consistent, high quality software
- Create accurate, unambiguous designs for new computer software and/or updates to existing software
- Guide estimation of software development tasks
- Create efficient, high quality, readable code, unit tests, and documentation
- Proven ability to be accountable on roadmap deliverables within quality process and standards
- Diagnose and design system/software and performance issues
Knowledge & Skills – What’s Under the Hood?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent, relevant experience
- 1-3 years of experience building web-based VB.NET/C# .NET applications using Microsoft Visual Studio
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum environment a plus
- Experience designing, developing, and deploying applications on the Microsoft Azure platform a plus
- Experience building applications for any of the following areas a plus: Point of Sale, Accounting, Inventory management, Sales management, Trucking or automotive service management, Customer Relationship Management
Within the first 30 days, you will be able to demonstrate a strong understanding of our products and tech stack. By 60 days, you will be directly involved in projects. We are looking for someone that enjoys working on a collaborative team oriented environment.
Meet the Truck Tech Team
Your team will consist of 3-5 software developers, 1-2 quality analysts and a product manager. Your team will report to a Sr. Software Development Manager.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.