THE NIELSEN COMPANY
We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it.
We sift through the small stuff and piece together the big picture to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what’s next with us at Nielsen.
Software Developer – Mumbai
- Nielsen Brandbank Software Developers work collaboratively alongside other development team members, Product Owners & Scrum Masters to realise business goals.
- Working within dedicated domains, the Software Developer – using an incremental delivery approach – is responsible for developing new and existing products by understanding and translating backlog items into solutions.
- Approach work from an Agile mindset applying practices and principles wherever possible
- Attend and participate in all Sprint events to achieve desired outcomes
- Interact with stakeholders/Product Owner to clarify requirements and provide input into the creation of User Stories
- Responsible for estimation, sprint planning and managing all their own tasks and reporting on progress
- Collaborates closely with all team members to take a shared responsibility for the sprint backlog and the team’s success
- Develops new or amended features, resolves bugs and carries out other tasks as required to realise business goals
- Produces high quality code and takes responsibility for the quality of their own code – writing unit tests and conducting unit testing where applicable
- Maintains broader code quality through peer code reviews
- Assist with live releases in line with the team’s release schedule
- Identify improvement opportunities to improve team processes and agree on actionable improvements
- Provide 2nd/3rd line support within his/her domain environment
Role Requirements E=essential, P=preferred
E – Strong hands on technical skills across some or all of the Microsoft Stack and other key technologies:
- .NET (C# preferable)
- MS Azure
- SQL Server
- ASP, MVC, WPF
- Unit Testing (NUnit, MSTest, Moq)
- XML, JSON
E – Excited by technology, with up to date understanding of latest technologies
E – Ability to learn new languages and technologies quickly
E – Familiarity and good experience with Agile development methodologies and the complete product lifecycle from inception to delivery
E – Good understanding of software architecture, issues and design
E – Good understanding of data and databases
E – Proven track record or working as part of a team to deliver software solutions to meet customer needs
E – Thorough and detailed approach with the ability to identify appropriate user/business solutions
E – Some experience of code reviews and coding standards
E – Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
E – An analytical mind
E – Degree qualification (BE or B.Tech) in a relevant field of work or equivalent professional qualification or experience
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.