We’re a large scale systems integration company, committed to delivering trusted solutions that help to safeguard Australia.
With over 20 years’ local experience and the backing of a 37,000 global network, we currently number 1,400 employees mainly in Canberra and Melbourne.
We’re growing fast and are building a business that is focused and fit for the future. Change and innovation are central to the way we work, and we thrive when developing unique, practical solutions to seriously complex challenges.
Your New Role
Leidos Australia is looking for a talented and motivated front-end Software Engineer focused on React to join our team based in Melbourne as we continue to scale up and grow the business in our expanding target markets.
You will be able to hit the ground running working with our talented software team delivering and enhancing complex and high-value mission critical systems, taking them to the next level while ensuring the highest level of availability, performance and security.
Working in an agile development team you will:
- Collaborate and innovate with our talented cross-functional teams on compelling software solutions
- Contribute to software design, development/prototyping and investigations on the latest UI/UX technologies and frameworks
- Elicit, understand and design against both business and technical requirements
- Contribute to the management and building of DevOps/Agile process and tools
- Support the front-end across the whole SDLC
- Develop design and engineering documentation
- Engage with other professionals across the broader team and the business to grow our solutions and your career.
About You and What You’ll Bring
You have a Bachelor degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or a related technical discipline, together with relevant professional experience and specialised training. You demonstrate a pro-active approach with the ability to understand the business, identify issues and develop enduring and trusting relationships with both the talent in Leidos and a broad range of customers.
Together with your education you also have:
- Familiarity with web standards including WCAG
- UI/UX design skills are desirable
- Experience in Java, .Net and open source frameworks
- Experience working in a DevOps/Agile environment and with related CI/CD tools
- Innovative and creative approach to produce consistently good results in a complex and challenging environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
You bring strong and proven problem solving and collaboration attributes, and you have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, contributing to the professional development of the whole team.
This role requires the successful applicant to be an Australian Citizen and to be eligible to obtain an Australian security clearance.
What You’ll Love
This is a fast growing business currently implementing a range of business improvement initiatives, so you’ll have the chance to see some market leading technologies implemented across the function along with contributing to building further on the progressive work currently being developed.
We offer a flexible working environment where it’s possible to design your ideal work week.
You’ll be joining a fun and friendly team who support each other closely and love to celebrate together.