Launched in 1998, this pioneering British-born brand has specialised in creating amazing experiences and unforgettable memories – from hotels, city breaks and holidays to theatre, entertainment and spa days.
Experts in brightening up online travel, lastminute.com is among the worldwide leaders in the field, helping hundreds of thousands of customers every year find, and do, “whatever makes them pink”.
lastminute.com is part of lm group, publicly traded multinational Group, among the worldwide leaders in the online travel industry. Every month, the Group reaches across all its websites and mobile apps (in 17 languages and 40 countries) 60 million unique users that search for and book their travel and leisure experiences. More than 1,200 people enjoy working with us and contribute to provide our audience with a comprehensive and inspiring offering of travel related products and services.
We are a travel company, with the tech at its core, currently looking for motivated problem-solvers who will embrace the end-to-end responsibility of building, delivering and evolving relevant products.
As a Technology Architect in lastminute.com, you will work in our Platform and Engineering teams and directly impact the lives of a global population of travellers. You will be involved in designing and building our own scalable and resilient platforms to support an ever growing number of customers.
From the first day with us, you’ll experience working in a company with “growing-sharing culture” with a lot of opportunities to improve existing products, bring new ideas to life and learn.
We are looking for brilliant people, not for a list of skills. While reading key responsibilities of the role, please consider that we value attitude more than your expertise.
Are you curious and passionate about working in a constantly evolving and challenging international environment? Even if you don’t feel like you fit the role 100%, please apply: put your willingness to learn and we will grow together!
Key Responsibilities will include
- Working closely with engineers and product owners to bring the best value to our travellers
- Designing and helping to develop high-quality software by using a range of practices like TDD, Clean Code, simple design etc
- Being a member of an autonomous, cross-location agile team
- Effectively communicating with all stakeholders, both writing documentation and having in-depth technical discussions
- Learning from colleagues and sharing your knowledge
- Contributing in the R&D of the company stack, proposing effective solutions
- Constantly updating technical knowledge and skills by attending (and sharing) in-house and/or external courses, reading manuals and testing new applications or solutions
This is a senior position: you have some years of experience in writing code, mentoring and coaching teams:
- Proficient with the design and delivery of scalable applications
- Successfully deploying or migrating services/solutions to public clouds (AWS, Azure, GCP… )
- Strong experience designing or implementing API best practices as well as using design and architectural patterns
- Strong experience as a Software Engineer programming in OO/FP languages but preferably in JVM: Java, Scala or Kotlin
- Excellent problem solving capabilities and superb communication skills
- Customer orientation
- Business-level English; Spanish knowledge is welcome but not required
- Willing to travel up to 15% of the time
- Previous working experience in startup or product company.
What We Offer
- Possibility to work in an international agile environment using eXtreme Programming practices.
- Bleeding edge technology stack (Docker, Kubernetes, Spring Boot, Vert.x, ReactJS, React Native and more …)
- Continuous learning program with technical internals sessions
- Access to online learning platforms like O’Reilly and Linkedin learning.
- Possibility to join conferences around Europe for continuous improvement
- Coding Dojo: a weekly training to learn and share coding techniques during office hours
- LM-Talks: our very own knowledge sharing internal sessions.
- Flexible working hours and up to 2 days of remote work per week
- Possibility to join the Erasmus program (temporary relocation among our offices)
- Preferential prices reserving through our platform
- Discounts from external partners
Candidates for this position can generally expect a hiring process similar to the following one (please consider that based on location and availability the process can be slightly modified)
- Qualified candidates receive feedback concerning their application from our Recruiting team
- Based on role and experience, candidates might be requested to solve a coding exercise to submit on a public repository on Github. Exercise will be assessed by our internal Engineering team
- Onsite Systems Design Interview: We will use an online whiteboard to design a solution to a given challenge
- Onsite Systems Design Interview Follow-up: We will continue working on the previous challenge with another architects at lastminute.com
- General Interview: We will have an one hour talk about technical stuff, personal experiences and analyzing possible production scenarios
- You’ll have the opportunity to meet our technical leaders and understand a little bit more about our continuous learning environment!
Follow our technical team on Twitter!
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.