Looking for adventure and an exciting future? Join our extraordinary team!
As a Sales Operations Specialist in the Iron Ore team, you will execute the fulfillment of contractual sales transactions and your role is critical in execution of shipment activities.
As well as discovering, mining and processing many of the essential raw materials that enable, support and enhance modern life, our global business is involved in selling and marketing products – copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore, coal, nickel and diamonds.
Through our Marketing Business, we are able to offer innovative solutions to meet our customers’ specific challenges. To achieve this, we can count on a passionate group of people with a diverse blend of talents. They are at the heart of everything we do.
What You’ll Do
Reporting to the Team Lead – Sales Operations(Iron Ore), you will provide end to end sales operations work. This includes import/export documentation management, trade finance negotiations, systems support.
Your other key responsibilities will include:
- Providing input, with an emphasis on operational terms, payment terms and trade finance requirements, into the purchase and sales contracting processes
- Responsible for the post-contracting coordination of the sales operations’ activities for purchase and sales contracts and ensure smooth execution of shipments.
- Provide timely shipping instructions to suppliers and/or logistics to ensure timely release of shipping documents and ensure all shipping documentation are accurate and in order.
- Process all laytime calculations and settling of demurrage/dispatch in accordance to contractual terms.
- Check and operate all Letters of Credit for integrity and workability against the shipment and contract.
- Manage internal and external stakeholders’ communications and deliver high service level in terms of supplier and customer relationships, logistics requirements, documentation requirements and ad hoc reasonable requirements.
This is a replacement role reporting to the Team Lead – Sales Operations. The role is based within the Iron Ore team, and is in Band 6.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience/knowledge in logistics and supply chain management of commodities (prefers in bulk commodities).
- Knowledge and prior experience of managing credit risk using trade finance instruments such as letters of credit, standby letters of credit, silent guarantees, discounting, forfeiting, etc.
- Strong Knowledge in documentary letters of credit, is a must.
- Knowledge of contract management.
- Knowledge and experience in Trading environment.
- Deep understanding of marketing fundamentals (ie. pricing, delivery strategy, value chain dynamics, net back calculations).
Who we are
Anglo American is a global diversified mining business. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine, process, move and market our products to our customers around the world.
As a responsible miner – of diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore, coal and nickel – we are the custodians of what are precious natural resources. We work together with our key partners and stakeholders to unlock the sustainable value that those resources represent for our shareholders, the communities and countries in which we operate and for society at large. Anglo American is re-imagining mining to improve people’s lives.
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Amazing opportunities for learning and growth – from technical training to leadership programs, we bring out the best in our people
- We’re a large, successful multinational company and there are plenty of opportunities internally to move onwards and upwards too
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.