Accolade provides personalized health and benefits solutions designed to empower every person to live their healthiest life. Using a blend of cloud-based technologies, specialized support from Accolade Health Assistants® and Clinicians, and integrated data and programs across mobile, online and phone, Accolade navigates people through the healthcare system with trust, empathy and ease.
Employers of all sizes offer Accolade to employees and their families as the single place to turn for all health, healthcare, and benefits questions or concerns, increasing their engagement in benefits and connecting them to the highest quality providers and care.
By empowering people to make better decisions about their health, Accolade lowers the cost and complexity of healthcare, and achieves consumer satisfaction ratings over 90% and an NPS of 60.
The company has been recognized multiple times as a Fastest Growing Business, Top Workplace and Company to Watch. For more information, visit Accolade on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and at www.accolade.com.
Our Senior Engineering Manager is responsible for the design, architecture, and development of a collection of front and backend services in our Healthcare Microservices platform.
You will lead team(s) of developers to deliver upon a technical roadmap of features and will be handed into the codebase. You will be responsible also for the architecture, release, and testing of these services. Except of that your job will be also coaching and develop your team.
As we utilize strictly Public cloud containerized and serverless services, you will have strong ownership of the features and code supporting the services that move from Alpha to our Test environments and then into Production.
A day in your life…
- Work with Product Management to define the scope and requirements
- Effective Design, Architect and plan the delivery of the proposed scope
- Hire and build a team to deliver the product
- Responsible for meeting expectations and deliverables on time with high quality for the team and as an individual.
- Effectively communicate the status, manage expectations for the stakeholders, demonstrates creative, technical, and analytical skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively in both technical and business environments.
What we are looking for…
- 4 years Experience in designing, architecting, and developing scalable web applications, including microservices or serverless
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in building web services, REST APIs, and a combination of back or front end development experience is required.
- At Least 5 years Leadership experience with a passion for developing developers and coaching
- Solid understanding of full-stack web development with languages and frameworks such as – Python, ReactJS, Node, distributed database technologies such as RDS, ElasticSearch, DynamoDB, Amazon Aurora, etc. on AWS
- Experience in building and working in a highly agile, collaborative, innovative, flexible, and team-oriented environment
- A strong foundation on Modern DevOps culture
Desired Personal Characteristics:
- An excellent leader with a “can-do” attitude
- Hands-on, detail-oriented, methodical & inquisitive
- A motivated self-starter with a solid level of experience that quickly grasps complex challenges
- A skillful communicator with experience working with technical management teams
- A strong customer focus and metrics-driven
- Fantastic collaborator, team player, negotiator, and influencer
- Fast fail entrepreneurial and innovative spirit
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment where continuous improvement is the norm and the bar for quality is extremely high
- Excited by the challenges of working in a product team undergoing rapid growth serving millions of customer
What can you expect from us:
- Fun, transparent and informal working culture
- Interesting and challenging projects
- Great work-life balance and possibility to work from home
- Work in an international environment and opportunities to grow
- Work with modern technologies like AWS
- Regular company events
- Participation in various conferences and continuous learning
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Support during your relocation process