AMERICAN IRON AND METAL
Founded in 1936 in Montreal, Canada, AIM is a privately held company with 3000 employees and several locations in Canada, United States, Mexico, Europe and Asia.
As a world leader in metal recycling and welding fabrication for a wide range of industrial sectors, our focus on creating high quality products is what sets AIM apart.
Our ever-growing company offers many exciting career opportunities, a stimulating work environment, competitive salaries and an excellent benefits program.
The Tax Accounting Analyst reports to the Director of Taxation, responsible for global taxation.
- Support for the preparation of tax returns for Canadian companies in the group and coordination of the preparation of tax returns for U.S. companies;
- Support in the preparation of the calculation of annual tax provisions;
- Reconcile tax provisions with tax returns;
- Offering support to the Director of Taxation with respect to various tax audits;
- Participate in the establishment of the consolidated quarterly and annual tax provision;
- Maintain the calculation of certain tax attributes of the group;
- Manage the processing and payment of notices of assessment received;
- Establish installments and supervise payments for Canadian and U.S. corporate taxes;
- Provide operational support for Canadian sales taxes;
- Participate in corporate tax reorganizations;
- All other related tasks
- Accounting background (CPA, CA designation would be an asset)
- A university degree in taxation would be an asset;
- 3-4 years of experience in an accounting firm and interest in taxation or employment with similar responsibilities in a business;
- Autonomous and resourceful;
- Able to step out of your comfort zone;
- Interpersonal skills, diplomacy;
- Bilingual in French and English
The AIM Group’s tax department plays much the same role as an accounting firm offers to its clients.
Since the position is definitely oriented towards accounting and financial statement analysis, the ideal candidate for the position would be an accountant practicing in a firm whose duties consist of preparing review engagement files while preparing tax returns for his clients.
If you have an attraction to taxation, this job is for you.
The American Iron & Metal Company and its subsidiaries offer equal employment opportunities for all. The masculine gender is only used to lighten the text. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.