Looking for adventure and an exciting future? Join our extraordinary team.
Join us as a Team Lead – Structured Trade Finance Operations, where you will draw from your personal experience and industry best practices to formulate and drive the implementation of an STF operational framework.
As well as discovering, mining and processing many of the essential raw materials that enable, support and enhance modern life, our global business is involved in selling and marketing products – copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore, coal, nickel and diamonds. Through our Marketing Business, we are able to offer innovative solutions to meet our customers’ specific challenges. To achieve this, we can count on a passionate group of people with a diverse blend of talents. They are at the heart of everything we do.
What you’ll do
Besides formulating, documenting and driving implementation of an STF operational framework, this role involves close coordination with commercial, risk and finance stakeholders including
Your other key responsibilities will include:
- Trade flow sourcing model with physical desks, best practices in contracting from an operational standpoint, operational risk metrics and IT requirements to automate their supervision, LC operations management in structured trade context
- Execute STF transactions in close coordination with commercial teams in full compliance with established processes and policies
- Advise and play a leading role within the team in strategic discussions to foster overall growth and efficiency agenda by providing advisory on strategic direction and requirements from an operational and risk perspective (staffing, stakeholders management, organization…)
This is a new role reporting to the Structured Trade Finance Manager. The role is based within the Marketing Treasury department, and is in Band 6.
What we’re looking for:
- Deep understanding of middle/back office processes coming from a top commodity trading house
- 8+ years min of relevant experience, 4 years minimum in STF
- Comfortable working as an entrepreneur within a large scale organization
- Banking background is advantageous
- Metals/Bulk Operations experience is advantageous
Who we are
Anglo American is a global diversified mining business. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible.
We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine, process, move and market our products to our customers around the world. As a responsible miner – of diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore, coal and nickel – we are the custodians of what are precious natural resources.
We work together with our key partners and stakeholders to unlock the sustainable value that those resources represent for our shareholders, the communities and countries in which we operate and for society at large. Anglo American is re-imagining mining to improve people’s lives.
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Amazing opportunities for learning and growth – from technical training to leadership programs, we bring out the best in our people
- We’re a large, successful multinational company and there are plenty of opportunities internally to move onwards and upwards too
How we are committed to your safety
We take the safety of our employees very seriously and as a company we demonstrate the most rigorous safety standards in the industry.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.