Ubisoft Singapore is one of the top game development studio in the APAC region. Part of Ubisoft’s global network of studios, we’ve been creating memorable gaming experiences in Singapore since 2008.
With over 300 employees from 30+ different nationalities, we are a diverse bunch of creatives redefining the world of digital entertainment for millions of players across the globe.
The character TD will oversee the quality and technical content of his trade. The incumbent must optimize team productivity through the technical process (pipeline) in order to maximize the player’s experience.
This is achieved by adequately identifying the project’s needs, implementing efficient work tools and methods to maximize data integration in the engine and providing technical support to the team.
- Determine his team’s technical needs to carry out the visions for the Game design, Artistic direction and level design by validating game features and challenging its interpretation to assess their technical feasibility;
- Supervise the integration and technical validation of characters and other animated assets in the engine both for gameplay as well as high quality cinematic moments and facial animation pipeline.
- Function as main point of contact for overall Rigging Pipeline for Characters, Creatures and Props and any dynamic systems relevant to the Project (example : Motion cloth) ,both internally as well as with external collaborating studios.
- Acquire the best tools in collaboration with the programming team and other Technical directors (TD) of the project to enhance and facilitate his trade’s work by prototyping technological elements, asking for adjustments to existing tools, requesting new tools and validating their efficiency before they are deployed on the project;
- Establish the best work methods and data structures (data and assets) to standardize work methods and ensure the validity and integrity of the data (meet standards and minimize debugging) by writing technical (pipeline) documents, establishing a naming method, training, coaching and supervising users of the process;
- Work with Animation TD to define and maintain RTA library (Ready to animate control rig assets for Animators )
- Find improvements and resolve issues in order to provide technical support to his trade by working in close collaboration with programmers and training team members to become specialists resolving tasks and precise problems;
- Stay informed of new technical and technological developments in order to apply them to his project when relevant and share his project’s developments with his peers (TDs on other projects or other trades);
- Help plan the work by collaborating with the planning lead on the scope of each task and the impact on his team in order to find the right compromise between the desired quality and the delivery constraints (time, costs, resources, etc.);
- If required Follow up on the tasks of the assistant TDs to assess the progress of the deliverables;
- If required Help choose/Evaluate the project engine to ensure that his trade’s needs are considered by evaluating existing engines, contributing to the design of a new engine (if applicable) and testing the final engine choice;
- Minimum 10-15 years
- At least 5 years’ experience in Rigging , Skinning and/or Modelling video game characters or equivalent; 3 years experience as a Tech Animation Director (or equivalent)
- 3 years’ experience as an assistant TD is a plus
- College diploma in 3D animation for video games or equivalent.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (self-Organization skills; Good coaching skills, capacity to Influence, writing skills (technical documents), be visionary;
- Extensive knowledge in primarily Rigging, Skinning, Modelling and/or Texturing, shaders is a plus;
- Extensive knowledge of 3dMax Character Studio/biped and Motion builder is an asset;
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Max Script, Python and C Sharp;
- Extensive knowledge of game engine limitations and production needs.
We realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games. Apart from a competitive compensation package and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality, Ubisoft Singapore offers a wide variety of perks including performance based incentives, comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, flexible working hours, and opportunities for career development and learning.
Are you excited about creating the unknown? Are you serious about fun? Do you constantly seek out learning opportunities? At Ubisoft Singapore, we are looking for talent who are solution-oriented problem solvers, creative yet open to collaborate, and team players who also thrive in bringing their A-game to work.
If this sounds like you, shoot us your resume and we will invite you for a first chat to find out more about becoming an awesome addition to our team!
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.