BEUMER Group is an international manufacturing leader in intralogistics in the fields of conveying, loading, palletising, packaging, sortation and distribution technology. BEUMER Group offers the right solution for almost every logistic challenge.
We are a family owned, intralogistics leader, where tradition and innovation go hand in hand. We are proud of what our employees create each day. Integrity, Inspiration, Quality and Teamwork!
The Warehouse Associate position is a highly self-motivated individual with hands-on experience required in addition to excellent organizational and communication skills.
This position reports to the Warehouse Supervisor and will work closely with all departments and subsidiaries as required. The Warehouse Technician will also be responsible for light facility maintenance.
- Work with Spare Parts, Engineering and Project Management personnel to ensure clients receive a superior level of service and communication.
- Goods Receipt / Order Fulfillment
- Assist in picking and packing of orders in a timely manner
- Lifts, counts, sorts, and places product items on pallets or cartons according to order fill instructions or special requirements
- Prepare and records order in accordance with company standards
- Record amounts of materials or items received or distributed.
- Weigh or count items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards
- Perform and support any assembly and production tasks as required.
- Prepare orders for shipping
- Coordinate shipments that are direct to Client from local vendors
- Handle internal shipments
- Build wooden shipping crates as needed using existing or creating from new
- Process Customs paperwork
- Perform weekly cycle counts
- Receive material and maintain stock locations in a neat and orderly fashion
- Work with Accounting during audits to participate in inventory of stock room
- Ensure warehouse is clean and safe at all times
- Ensure that warehouse equipment and supplies are maintained
- Operate forklift as necessary within the warehouse
- Facility – Perform facility maintenance
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Monthly fire extinguisher, exit/emergency lighting, elevator, and CO2 monitor inspections
- Small repairs as directed (loose handle, hanging a sign, etc.)
- Ensure inventory, signing in and out of field tools are accurate and accounted for
- Support and direct internal and external labor resources for the mechanical assembly of machinery and equipment
- Layout of testing machines or equipment as needed
- Support the project team during preparation and customer prototype testing
- Maintain clean testing area and proper housekeeping throughout warehouse
- Support field teams as needed, including on a customer sites.
Requirements/Skills and Abilities
- High School Diploma
- A good work ethic with the ability to work well with company and vendor personnel
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Ability to work under pressure, maintain composure, set priorities, and work with a myriad of personalities
- Use of Forklift truck and scissor lift 1-2 years forklift experience required.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to learn quickly
- Computer literacy, including use of Microsoft Excel, Outlook;
- Ability to read and comprehend shipping documents, labels, Material Safety Data Sheets, etc.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic (add, subtract, multiply, and divide) to conduct physical inventory counts and audits
- Experience in the use of Shipping Software (such as UPS, FedEx, DHL, YRC)
- Experience in SAP software
- Experience in warehouse and distribution centers
- Experience in global shipping – Import/Export
- Use of Forklift truck, Scissor and boom lift
- OSHA 30 certified; PPE knowledge
- Basics of industrial control wiring up to 480 VAC, use of multi-meter
- Safe use of basic MIG, TIG or Stick welding
- Basic understanding of assembly drawings and bill of materials
- Ability to read both metric and standard rulers with scales
BEUMER is an innovative company, where every employee is part of the “family”. Because our employees are our most important asset, here are some of benefits we currently offer full-time employees. And by the way, no waiting period, they start when you do!
- We pay 100% of medical & dental premiums for you AND your eligible dependents
- 401k Retirement Plan with a generous match, because we care about your future
- Life Insurance is provided free for all employees
- Generous amount of paid time off
- Long-term disability (yes, we cover that too!)
BEUMER is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants and employees for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under the law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.