Website Jacob Bros Construction
Work for a BC Top Employer 2021! Jacob Bros Construction is now hiring an Administrative Assistant.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of one (1) year of experience as an Administrative Assistant in the construction, engineering, or related industries. This position is 100% office based.
- Oversees general administrative items including mail, packages, expense reports, checks, etc.
- Provides Word, Excel, and PowerPoint support by composing and editing a variety of documents including templates for forms, corporate resumes, memos, letters and tracking spreadsheets
- Maintains Project Database, Project Notifications and Bid Tracker
- Provides administrative support to the Estimating Department; assists in review of completeness and coordination of all tender documents and quotation letters
- Prepares and gathers proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related estimating documents for tenders
- Maintains a well-organized filing system for both physical and digital records
- Provides administrative support to other departments as needed, including Accounting & Finance, Estimating and Safety departments
- Arranges corporate travel, hotel, car and ferry reservations; develops travel agendas and itineraries
- Assists in ensuring departmental compliance with timelines and reporting
- Provides Reception coverage as required, takes messages, gathers necessary information to allow for timely and accurate responses
- Provides basic technical support for all meeting rooms and IT equipment
- Accepts ownership and demonstrates willingness to accomplish new and different administrative tasks, and works cross-functionally across the Administration team
- Other administrative duties as assigned
- One (1) or more years’ experience in an Administrative role for a general contractor, sub-contractor, or engineering firm is preferred
- Diploma or Undergraduate Degree in Business Administration or related field preferred
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills (technical/proposal writing an asset)
- Ability to maintain an high level of accuracy with all tasks
- Proven track record of strong organization skills with great attention to detail
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and business acumen
- Proven track record of superior multi-tasking and time management skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, MS Access, Power Point and Word
- Competitive compensation packages
- Group Medical, Extended Health and Dental Plan
- Matched RRSP contribution
- Three weeks vacation
- New 50,000 square foot office and maintenance facility in South Surrey with full gym and on-site personal trainer
- 5 Year Service Award (Trip for two anywhere in North America)
- Eligibility for $1000 Referral Bonus Program
- Winner BC’s Top Employer 2021
- Family-owned business managed by hands-on founders
About Jacob Bros:
Jacob Bros is a mid-sized, multi-disciplinary Canadian General Contractor specializing in heavy civil and commercial construction. A privately held firm, our principals are actively involved in the daily operations of the company. We self-perform much of the work we contract in order to maintain control of schedule, quality and cost. We are accountable for the outcome of every project.
Jacob Bros owns a large fleet of modern equipment and continually reinvests in order to stay current and satisfy ever-changing project demands. We are a client-based business – we know that projects come and go, but strong relationships endure.
Jacob Bros operates an open shop, a free enterprise business. Our offices are located in Surrey, BC with a satellite office in Duncan, on Vancouver Island.
We thank all applicants for their interest in careers with Jacob Bros. Due to the high volumes of applicants, only those selected for consideration will be contacted by a member of our hiring team.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.