Life at Nine.
Nine’s strategy is to create great content, distribute it broadly and engage audiences and advertisers.
We are Australia’s largest locally owned media company – the home of Australia’s most trusted and loved brands spanning News, Sport, Lifestyle, and Entertainment.
We pride ourselves on creating the best content, accessed by consumers when and how they want.
Nine’s assets include the 9Network, major mastheads such as The Sydney Morning Herald, The Age and The Australian Financial Review, radio stations 2GB, 3AW, 4BC and 6PR, digital properties such as nine.com.au, 9Now, 9Honey, Pedestrian.TV, Drive, subscription video platform Stan and a majority investment in Domain Group.
Your new opportunity at Nine.
As a mobile apps team we deliver apps across iOS, Android, phones & tablets for titles such as Sydney Morning Herald, The Age and Australian Financial Review. Building on our success we are embarking on exciting new projects to reinvent and rejuvenate the mobile experience across several products in the portfolio.
To help deliver this next evolution we’re looking for multiple Android Mobile Developers with strong experience creating dynamic android apps. We currently have roles at Mid, Senior and Lead levels.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you.
Across the Nine Engineering teams we have a strong commitment to quality, automation, continuous improvement and robust solutions that shine for millions of users.
In order to be successful for these roles, you will ideally have:
- High-level execution and contributions to several projects in Kotlin using modern technologies – Flow/Coroutines or RxJava, Hilt DI, Multi-module app, Compose
- Strong mobile user interface design skills with a focus on optimal performance across devices including Phone and Tablets
- Good understanding of Object oriented design, SOLID principles and patterns (MVVM, Router, Clean Architecture, MVP, GoF)
- Solid Unit and UI Test Automation experience with JUnit/Espresso along with Mocking
- A commitment to quality in your work and that of your team. You’ve helped create high-quality software through the implementation of automated and manual QA processes
- A strong understanding of agile development best practices including Scrum and Lean methodologies.
- Experience with Git, Continuous Integration/Development, Agile Software Development, especially using Atlassian tools like JIRA
- Committment to staying up date with the latest Android development practices and contributing new and innovative ideas to the team
As a Lead Engineer you will also have experience in leading and mentoring teams.
What you’ll get in return at Nine.
- Career development and quality training
- Up to 16 weeks paid primary carer’s parental leave
- Discounts on lifestyle, entertainment, and leisure memberships, including health insurance, dental and gym
- Access to Future Women – a movement to help women connect, learn and lead through unique content and events.
- Hybrid Working/Flexible working
- Discounts on products and services with corporate partners including Samsung, Apple, JB HI-FI, HP, Hertz Car Hire and TFE Hotels
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
At Nine, we are committed to fostering a workforce that embraces all aspects of diversity and inclusion and where practices are equitable to ensure our people experience a sense of belonging. From day one, you’ll be encouraged to bring your whole self to work and will be supported to perform at your best. Should you require any adjustments to the recruitment process in order to equitably participate, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, and of all ages, nationalities, backgrounds and cultures.
Nine’s Workplace Condition of Entry:
Nine is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace and doing what is reasonably practical to protect our people, including visitors to all Nine sites and events.
Disclaimer: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.