Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: United Arab Emirates, Dubai, Dubai
Hotel: InterContinental – Dubai – Festival City (DXBHB)
Job number: EMEAA22157
As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand.
Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience.
If you’d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand.
The InterContinental Hotels Group® properties in Dubai Festival City consist of four hotel brands. These include the luxury brand InterContinental, the superior upscale Crowne Plaza, the lavish long-stay InterContinental Residence Suites and the vibrant mid-scale Holiday Inn.
In addition to over 1000+ bedrooms, the four properties boast a selection of high quality restaurants and bars, an impressive 3,800 square meter Event Centre across two levels, the 5,000 square meters Festival Arena by InterContinental, the luxurious Spa InterContinental, state-of-the-art gymnasium and swimming pool facilities.
We are looking for people who are friendly, welcoming and full of life to people to join over 900 colleagues who are always finding ways to make every guests experience an enjoyable one. We value the passion and enthusiasm of our colleagues, and encourage you to share your passion when you work with us.
Your day to day
- Assist arriving and departing guests by opening and closing car and taxi doors
- Welcome guests at the main entrance , offering the greeting appropriate to the time of day taking particular note of repeat guests and Priority Club members
- Guide the guest to the Front Desk and Adhere to guest check-in and check-out procedures prepare baggage handling and escort the guests accordingly
- Provide guest services and guidance, information about the hotel facilities and services
- Assist with heavy packages, coats, suitcase
- Keep the lobby clean and tidy, informing the Concierge or Bell Captain if it needs major cleaning
- Keep the baggage room clean and in order before going off duty on each shift
- Upon arrival of newspaper, prepare them and deliver them to guest rooms as assigned by the Bell Captain
- Maintains high standards of behaviour and appearance and attitude as expected in an IHG Brand
What we need from you
- Communication skills – guests and colleagues will need to come to you with concerns as well as compliments, so you’ll be easy to talk to
- Fluency in the English language – extra language skills would be great, but not essential
- Your Time management skills will be important to know how to prioritize tasks under pressure
- Your outgoing personality is important in order to help our guests, and create memorable moments
- Flexibility – night, weekend and holiday shifts are all part of the job
- Experience – ideally you’ll have spent at least one year in a similar position in a 5 star property
- You’ll have a high school diploma or qualification. A college or university degree would be a bonus, but not essential
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with competitive salary and benefits.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives.
You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve – visit www.careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
So go on – show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests.
To apply for this job please visit ihg.recruitmentplatform.com.