We are currently looking for a Bus Driver who would be responsible for safely transporting students to and from the airport, Ferry and school activities.
- On-the-job training
- Hours of work vary, including shorter shifts, early morning, afternoons, weekends
- Airport and Ferry pickups and drop-offs
- Pick up and drop off to school activities
- $20.00 per hour plus 4% in lieu of benefits and sick time
- Safely drive students to and from school activities. Changes to routes do occur. There are scheduled for certain days of the week, and flexibility is needed with changes.
- Perform Pre-trip and Post-trip inspection reports, reporting to Transportation Supervisor and Maintenance Supervisor when concerns arise.
- Comply with all school and government regulations, laws and policies and good safety practices.
- Communication with Transportation Team (Supervisor, Front office) and to attend meetings as required.
The ideal candidate has the following:
- 1-2 years driving experience, preferably in the education sector
- Is punctual, reliable and versatile
- Able to perform manual tasks and physical demands as required within the duties such as periods of Standing, assisting with luggage of lifting, bending, and twisting
- Is positive with a caring attitude
- Can work cooperatively and with minimal supervision
- Communicates clearly and respectfully with parents, school staff, students and the general public in a courteous, professional manner and is able to maintain confidentiality.
Requirements for this position:
- Current BC Class 4 Driver’s License,
- Must pass and maintain a clear criminal record check for the purposes of working with children
- Provide a copy of your BC driver’s abstract
Brookes Westshore is a small, independent Grade 6-12 school offering a personalized and student-centred approach to learning. Be part of the friendly Brookes Westshore community and the natural beauty of the surrounding area. The atmosphere on campus is one of care and respect. We are dedicated to personal learning, global vision and community service.
If you would like to be part of our team, please forward your cover letter and resume. We appreciate all those interested but only those applicants who are shortlisted will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.