When you join Turnitin, you’ll be welcomed into a company that is a recognized innovator in the global education space. For more than 20 years, Turnitin has partnered with educational institutions to promote honesty, consistency, and fairness across all subject areas and assessment types. Over 16,000 academic institutions, publishers, and corporations use our services: Gradescope by Turnitin, iThenticate, Turnitin Feedback Studio, Turnitin Originality, Turnitin Similarity, ExamSoft, and ProctorExam.
Turnitin has offices in Australia, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Mexico, the Netherlands, the Philippines, Ukraine, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Our diverse community of colleagues are all unified by a shared desire to make a difference in education. Come join us, and let’s make change together.
The Cash Application Specialist is primarily responsible for allocating cash received against unpaid Account Receivable invoices and supporting other members of the Accounts Receivable team. This role will collaborate closely with sales, billings and accounting teams.
This position requires attention to detail and accuracy; the ability to work, adapt, and evolve in a fast-paced environment, often working under tight deadlines, changing requirements, and with teams in multiple time zones. Dedication, quick thinking, good decision-making, and a high sense of urgency are critical traits for this role.
- Working with the Accounting team to ensure cash receipts are recorded in the accounting software (Netsuite) in a timely and accurate manner.
- Daily review of multiple bank accounts across various subsidiaries and currencies.
- Daily review and application of various types of payment such as bank transfers/ACH, check payments and credit card payments
- Application of customer payments on global accounts receivable balances.
- Maintaining customer remittance advices, allocating accordingly and with accuracy once payment has been received and identified
- Reviewing bank activity, investigating discrepancies, misapplied cash and liaise with various internal functions to resolve queries
- Researching unidentified payments received using our systems (NetSuite and Order Management system/CRM Salesforce)
- Identify and processing write offs, withholding taxes and other international deductions
- Customer account reconciliations and other ad hoc tasks
- Review and instigate customer refunds (credit balances) following internal controls and procedures
- Assist with maintaining proper internal controls and ensure only authorized transactions are processed.
- Maintain appropriate segregation of duties through adherence to documented internal controls procedures.
- Streamline processes and improve existing procedures.
- Assist in investigating and providing Audit documentation
- Flexibility around Month End times and completeness of tasks
- Preferred degree in Business/Finance/Accounting; or, in lieu of degree, 2 years of equivalent relevant business experience with some accounting college courses
- Competent in Excel, Google sheets and hands-on exposure to accounting systems (NetSuite preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact across a variety of functional areas
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to prioritize and manage a demanding workload involving multiple tasks, responsibilities, and tight deadlines with follow-through and minimal supervision
- Must be able to move among various tasks and address responsibilities in a ‘hands on,’ detail-oriented manner with an ability to work efficiently and accurately
- Dedication to needs of the total organization
- Self-starter and proactive thinker
- Attention to detail and accuracy
Our Mission is to ensure the integrity of global education and meaningfully improve learning outcomes.
Our Values underpin everything we do.
- Customer Centric – We realize our mission to ensure integrity and improve learning outcomes by putting educators and learners at the center of everything we do.
- Passion for Learning – We seek out teammates that are constantly learning and growing and build a workplace which enables them to do so.
- Integrity – We believe integrity is the heartbeat of Turnitin. It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we work with our customers and vendors.
- Action & Ownership – We have a bias toward action and empower teammates to make decisions.
- One Team – We strive to break down silos, collaborate effectively, and celebrate each other’s successes.
- Global Mindset – We respect local cultures and embrace diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact on education.
Seeing Beyond the Job Ad
At Turnitin, we recognize it’s unrealistic for candidates to fulfill 100% of the criteria in a job ad. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of the requirements because we know that skills evolve over time. If you’re willing to learn and evolve alongside us, join our team!
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and the LGBTQ+ community, regardless of age, gender, religion, marital or veterans status.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.