Coast Mental Health
Coast Mental Health (Coast) is one of the largest mental health non-profit societies in Canada and operates a large array of innovative housing and community-based rehabilitation services for people with a mental illness living in and around Vancouver. Coast operates in the Lower Mainland of British Columbia providing approximately 1000 people with supportive housing and 4000 clients living in the community with a wide variety of programs and services.
In a manner consistent with the Coast’s mission, philosophy, policies and objectives and under the direction of the Director of Housing Services, this position performs cleaning duties such as sweeping, mopping floors, vacuuming, dusting and washing walls, windows and ceilings.
1. Cleans, washes, and disinfects building areas such as walls, windows, ceilings, floors, carpets, air vents, furniture, mattresses, blinds, and washrooms by methods such as dusting, polishing, vacuuming, sweeping, wet mopping, shampooing, waxing, and buffing, using various manual and power cleaning equipment.
2. Maintains housekeeping equipment by cleaning and replacing items such as filter bags and mop heads. Reports unsafe and faulty equipment, fixtures, and furniture to supervisor. Ensures safe use and storage of all cleaning supplies, and maintains supply inventory and related records as required.
3. Collects and removes garbage, and ensures the safe disposal of hazardous waste.
4. Transports equipment, furniture, and supplies manually and/or using aides such as dollies and carts.
5. Cleans external areas such as entranceways and sidewalks by removing dirt, leaves, snow, and other refuse.
6. Completes and maintains related records and documentation such as logs and key registers.
7. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 or equivalency.
- Building service worker certificate or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Criminal records clearance through Ministry of Justice is required if hired
- TB Clearance
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work with people with a mental illness.
- Knowledge of pest safety protocol
- Ability to work with people living with addiction
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients.
- Ability to observe and recognize changes in clients.
- We believe in our people and recognize for hard work
- We operate client-centred care under the principles of psychosocial rehabilitation
- There is a variety of work within a particular position and within the organization
- We strive to be the best that we can be
- We hold Exemplary Status accreditation through Accreditation Canada
- We have won numerous awards for our innovative programming
- We care about our employees and believe in living our values and culture throughout the organization
***Employees of Coast must apply within seven days of the posting date with their internal account (Coast email address registered) to be considered as an internal applicant. Current Coast employees who apply to this posting using external accounts or after the 7-day deadline will be considered as external candidates. Seniority will not apply.***
Coast Mental Health is committed to creating a culture of diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion or disability.
To apply for this job please visit coastmentalhealth.mua.hrdepartment.com.