Redpath Sugar is located on Toronto’s historic downtown waterfront and has been a part of Canada’s heritage for more than 160 years. Our brand is the oldest food-related trademark in Canada and is recognized across the country. Redpath Sugar is part of ASR Group, the largest cane sugar refiner in the world.
Responsible for maintaining cleanliness throughout the refinery and packaging areas in addition to returning scrap product to the raw materials shed.
The cleaner position is an entry-level position $20.71/hour and cleaners can bid into other manufacturing positions with a starting rate of $31.77/hour after the probationary period has been completed and new positions are available.
DETAILED ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the care and general cleanliness of the packaging and process building floors and equipment.
- Remove dust from process areas
- Clean food contact and non-food contact equipment (fans, electrical pans, etc.), structural parts (ceilings, walls, drains, and floors) using specific procedures as directed. Follow specific instructions to clean equipment.
- Lifting, cutting and emptying scrap sugar bags of up to 20 kg (40kg with a team lift)
- Be able to maneuver large buggies full of reject sugar.
- Required to operate powered hand trucks with a full load of sugar.
- Mop large floor areas.
- Operate floor washer to clean large floor areas
- Perform all responsibilities following established GMP Standards, Food Safety, and Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- Job duties are varied and spread over a number of locations in the plant. Therefore, special assignments may be created on a case-by-case basis based on business needs.
- Keep Sanitation Supervisor informed of any unsanitary practices that may be occurring in the plant.
- Follow sanitation procedures
- Responsible for accurate tracking and record-keeping required for the sanitation department.
- Perform cleaning assignments as scheduled by Supervisor as well as all other related assignments including assisting and training of other associates as required by the Sanitation Supervisor.
- Job duties are not limited to the above and other duties may be assigned.
- High School or equivalent
ESSENTIAL CAPABILITIES (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES)
- Able to follow simple instructions
- Able to carry out routine but varied tasks
- Able to operate packaging machinery, powered hand trucks and equipment
- Able to apply proper cleaning procedures.
Experience, Qualifications, and Educational Requirements:
- One year of work in a manufacturing or industrial environment is an asset.
- Knowledge of dry/wet cleaning process and chemical functionality.
- Understanding of WHMIS & adheres to all safety and good manufacturing practices.
- Work well in teams.
- Work in a safe and conscientious manner and independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail and effective multi-tasking is essential.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- manufacturing or industrial environment working: 1 year (Preferred)
- Regular periods during which there is continuous physical exertion required.
- May be required to lift and/or move up to 20 kg.
- Must have the ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must have the ability to bend, stoop, kneel, reach and climb stairs.
- Must have the ability to see and handle product, machinery, and hand tools,
- Regularly exposed to allergens such as peanuts, tree nuts, sulfites, soya, dairy, egg, gluten and sesame.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions including slippery floors.
- May be exposed to equipment and processing mediums exceeding several hundred degrees Fahrenheit and noise levels exceeding 85 decibels. Mandatory hearing protection for all employees.
- The employee may be required to handle chemicals that require PPE to be worn including respiratory PPE.
For more than 100 years, our employees have taken pride in “Making Life a Little Sweeter” by providing our customers and consumers with quality service and sugar products. Our commitment to that principle drives us in all that we do and encourages us to uphold our company’s high ethical standards of business conduct to ensure our continued success
To apply for this job please visit careers.fcc-asrgroup.com.