St. Joseph's Healthcare Hamilton
Openings Remaining: 3
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Hours of Work: Rotating Shifts
Time of Day: Days, Afternoons, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Holidays
Shift Length: 4hr, 6hr, 7.5hr
Open Date:: 20/07/21
- Completion of Grade 10 education or equivalent.
- Minimum six months experience performing cleaning duties and the use of cleaning materials, equipment and techniques.
- Knowledge of WHMIS regulations and guidelines.
- Knowledge of mechanical cleaning equipment (i.e. polishers, burnishers scrubbing and waxing).
- Applicants must be able to speak, read and write English and be capable of following oral and written instructions.
- Applicants must be neat in appearance, have good manners, and be able to perform manual labour as it relates to housekeeping duties.
- Ability to perform all of the physical demands of the job.
- Ability to set and respond effectively to changing work priorities.
- Ability to work effectively with limited supervision.
- Good work performance and attendance record are essential.
- Cleaning assigned area (eg. dusting, mopping etc.) within hospital as per established policies and procedures.
- Moving furniture for cleaning and organizational purposes
- Gathering and disposing of soiled linens, landfill and biomedical refuse, emptying garbage chutes, recycling bins and cleaning of waste disposal equipment
- Promptly responding to urgent housekeeping needs (eg. spills etc) as required
- Maintaining adequate stock levels of supplies
- Regularly reviewing area of responsibility for special housekeeping attention and promptly reporting and damaged furnishings, equipment and hazards to Supervisor/Manager
- Maintaining work area in a clean and orderly condition
- Performs all other related duties as assigned by the Supervisor/Manager
HOURS OF WORK
Rotating shifts – days, afternoons, nights, weekends and holidays
Hourly: $22.65…..$23.62…..$24.61 (plus 14% in lieu of benefits)
To apply for this job please visit tre.tbe.taleo.net.