Website TAYLOR AND FRANCIS
F1000, fosters a culture of innovation to accelerate the reach of knowledge and put it in the hands of those who will shape the future. We provide open research publishing solutions and services to organizations such as the European Commission, Wellcome, and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, as well as directly to researchers through our own publishing platform, F1000Research.
F1000 is wholly owned by, and is the open research arm of, Taylor & Francis, an Informa Group company. Taylor & Francis partners with researchers, scholarly societies, universities and libraries worldwide to bring knowledge to life. As one of the world’s leading publishers of scholarly journals, books, eBooks and reference works, its content spans all areas of Humanities, Social Sciences, Behavioural Sciences, Science, Technology and Medicine.’
We are seeking dynamic and outgoing individuals with excellent analytical and interpersonal skills to join the team to work as a Content Acquisition Editor working on the open research publishing platform F1000. Research and the newly launched Open Research Europe platform for our funder partner, the European Commission.
The key purpose of this role is to commission high-quality article submissions across the broad scope of these platforms. With such a broad scope, we have positions open for developing content across a range of subject areas including Science Technology and Medicine, Social Sciences, Humanities and the Arts.
This role will involve detailed analysis of academic fields and growth areas, understanding of the breadth of research outputs in those areas, and engaging with researchers to build awareness of the benefits of our outstanding open research publishing approach to ultimately drive a proven pipeline of new article content.
This will also involve building relationships and growing loyalty with the wider research community, as well as educating these communities about the open research publishing model.
The candidate will need to implement and refine strategies for content development and generate ideas to support the development of new strategies for increasing article submissions across the platform.
What you will be doing:
- Regularly conduct structured analysis of relevant academic fields using a range of tools to resolve areas of growth against a range of key parameters and hence potential opportunities for commissioning
- Identify key target individuals and groups in those communities and use this to develop and implement structured commissioning plans
- Introduce research communities to F1000Research, Open Research Europe and all F1000’s open research activities
- Network and engage with key target researchers and research groups through a range of approaches including 1:1 discussion, presentations/webinars, conference attendance etc.
- Connect with high level researchers to engage them in discussion regarding potential editorial projects (thematic collections and submissions) and ultimately recruit them to act as key ambassadors and advocates to encourage submissions from their community
- Build strong networks with a range of research communities, and maintain regular contact with researchers regarding editorial projects
- Day-to-day management of editorial projects, liaising with authors, advisors, and other key partners as the first point of contact for enquiries as required
- Deliver against targets for submissions across the platform and within specific subject areas
- Liaise closely with Marketing on developing and delivering supportive resources and marketing activities
- Liaise closely with colleagues in the Publishing and Editorial teams, as well as with the broader F1000 Content Acquisition team on content development strategies to maximise opportunities
- Provide administrative support for the Open Research Europe commissioning programme, maintaining quality contact data and contributing to workflow improvements
What we are looking for:
- Proven commercial/customer engagement experience or other relevant editorial experience
- Excellent analytical skills, and familiarity with key bibliographic databases, tools and approaches to analyse and supervise academic fields and identify those areas most likely to yield the highest output through commissioning
- Good communication and influencing skills with a strong customer focus
- Excellent networking skills
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills
- Efficient mindset with attention to detail
- A positive and solution-oriented approach to problem solving
- The ability to work independently and pro-actively
- Excellent teamwork skills and able to work cooperatively with colleagues at all levels
- A high level of digital literacy (including MS Office, Outlook and internet browsers) and an interest in tech-driven approaches and solutions
- Passionate about open access, open data and open science, and the move to open research practices more generally as well as in academic publishing more broadly
- Willing to travel occasionally and represent F1000 at external events
What we offer in return:
- Competitive salary
- 4 volunteering days annually
- Day off for your birthday
- Seasonal social and charitable events
- Training and development opportunities
Closing date: 10/10/2021
This role is open to candidates in all locations across Germany. This role can be based remotely although travel may be required.
Please provide a supporting covering letter with your application detailing your motivation and interest for this opportunity.
At Taylor & Francis we care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing and flexible working. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about
Taylor & Francis Group an Informa Business
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
We know that sometimes the perfect candidate doesn’t exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don’t fit all the requirements. If you’re excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we’re looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating-supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.