PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Reporting to the finance advanced analytics PMO, the data engineer is responsible for supporting the team in building the advanced forward tools and analytics solutions leveraging data science, data engineering, predictive and prescriptive analytics.
As a forward-deployed data engineer, he/she will join our rapidly growing finance advanced analytics team and help build our next generation of data engineering tools, platforms and solutions, enabling the finance digitalization.
He/she will have a chance to partner with expertise in a variety of NIQ regions and business units, and on key topics like finance planning & analysis, BI solutions, predictive and prescriptive analytics, enabling them to design, build and deploy new and innovative solutions by bringing data processing and engineering capabilities.
Additional responsibilities will include developing and implementing data governance best practice regrading data quality, master data management, etc.
1. Data Extraction, Transpose and Loading (ETL)
2. Building data automation pipeline
3. Developing innovative data engineering platforms and solutions
4. Supporting underlying data processing for BI and analytics solutions
5. Developing and implementing data governance best practice
6. Data quality control
7. Master data management
8. Adhoc data processing request Data Engineer
• He/she performs extraction, transpose and loading (ETL) of data.
• Accountable for transforming data into a useful format for further analysis or downstream analytics work; Support both continuous & adhoc data ETL request.
• Being able to process various internal and external data sources; able to process both structured data and unstructured data.
• Implement data governance mechanism to manage data standards & quality in terms of consistency, accuracy and efficiency.
• Improve the performance of data foundation by optimization and resolve technical issues during daily operation.
• Design automation framework and pipelines for data preprocessing and data ingestion.
• Master data management: maintenance of underlying master data /master table to support for extended usage or use cases.
• Bring onboard forward-deployed data engineering tools and capabilities in the area of AI, big data and cloud computing.
1. Bachelor/master’s degree of computer science/mathematics/statistics/engineering/business analytics/data science/information management system.
2. 2-3 years’ experience as a data engineer or similar role.
3. Solid data processing skills using tools like Python (pandas/numpy), R, linux shell programming.
4. Solid skills in SQL languages (MySQL/Oracle PLSQL/SQLite, etc) .
5. Experience in cloud platforms and services like MS Azure, AWS.
6. Nice to have experience in natural language processing (NLP), and NoSQL.
7. Knowledge of corporate finance is nice to have but not mandatory.
8. Communication skills in both Chinese & English.
NielsenIQ is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. We provide consumer packaged goods manufacturers/fast-moving consumer goods and retailers with accurate, actionable information and insights and a complete picture of the complex and changing marketplace that companies need to innovate and grow.
Our approach marries proprietary NielsenIQ data with other data sources to help clients around the world understand what’s happening now, what’s happening next, and how to best act on this knowledge. We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 90 countries, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.niq.com.
NielsenIQ is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.