Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on proof, not promises. Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate and prove measurable business outcomes.
Powered by CORE ID®, the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology is rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI.
With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com. Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
Epsilon is seeking a Director of Business Architecture, responsible for leading client engagements to deliver large-scale loyalty and marketing solutions for our clients.
This role will serve as the primary liaison between the client and delivery teams in the context of business needs and functional requirements. The candidate will work to develop an integrated view of Epsilon’s offerings using a repeatable approach, cohesive framework, and available industry-standard techniques.
- Interface with the client and internal Epsilon technology delivery teams in a functional leadership role, to support the design and delivery of large-scale loyalty solutions.
- Works to discover analyze and document client business requirements, and translating those needs into solution definitions – ownership of requirements and functional design.
- Consult on overall project scope and end to end process/data flows
- Define and manage the functional scope of the project, interact with the client and develop a discovery session calendar.
- Articulate and present value-oriented solution definitions.
- Provide consulting services to clients on the Loyalty domain, create a knowledge repository on products and solutions.
- Able to do quick and detailed impact assessment between the product and client desired functionality
- Independently lead discovery sessions and workshop with clients, multi-disciplinary and cross-functional teams.
- Plan and execute intake sessions and conduct customer workshops.
- Anticipate issues/ risks during intake sessions and guide teams on the best approach to requirement analysis.
- Influence business requirements to align with product features.
- The articulate business value of implementing a feature.
- Update process templates to reflect best practices based on evolving product & business needs.
- Coordinates closely with internal production teams and external client teams to develop and document operational processes and change management plans during the roll-out of system enhancements.
- Transitions final deliverables to the technical implementation team, ensuring they fully understand client requirements and details of the design and plan in collaboration with the solution architect.
- Identifies and executes opportunities for automation, improve product capabilities to meet the latest trends in the Loyalty domain.
- In collaboration with Project, the manager contributes to identifying different tracks of work, prioritization of tracks of work and helps to resolve client requirement questions.
- Configures system settings and identifies multiple options from the product to meet the requirements.
- Presents an understanding of multiple Epsilon solution offerings and product taxonomy, align solution offering to taxonomy, and identify gaps in solution offerings.
- Provides details to developers regarding what should be included in the software, application, or product to ensure it is included for client roll-out/implementation
- Demonstrates a record of accomplishment as a “go-to” person in their area of expertise – Loyalty Domain, Industry domain and solution domain.
- Publishes white paper, builds, and shares knowledge on leading trends and innovations in Loyalty domain, Industry and marketing technology.
- Is effective working with local, remote, global team members in global time-zones
- Consult on RFP proposals and POC’s as part of the sales process
- Conduct training/certifications with the help of academy and mentoring with respect to product and domain skills on projects.
- Able to lead effective client meetings, negotiate deliverables, and drive successful outcomes
- Able to assess a situation, receive input from stakeholders, and select a course of action
- Able to clearly communicate and articulate, both written and verbally, detailed specifications (e.g., Business requirement document, Functional Specification document. Context models, Domain Models, Gap Analysis, Process flows, Requirement traceability, Data Mapping etc.)
- Able to create epics, feature backlogs, backlog grooming, document user story, acceptance criteria and business rules for a user story.
- Able to assemble, analyze and evaluate data and be able to make appropriate and well-reasoned recommendations and decisions to support the business and project teams
- Able to create and update specs/documents, and assess the completeness of requirements information received.
- Able to develop and maintain relationships within the organization and/or with external partners, and understand the unique needs of each partnership
- Able to document information effectively through databases, knowledge warehouses, and other shared spaces.
- Able to make proactive recommendations
- Able to properly interpret customer needs, and translate into understandable written requirements
- Able to understand and support well-reasoned recommendations and decisions to support the business and project teams
- Able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced and often changing environment
- As needed, able to serve as a liaison between developers and users, clients and companies, and management and IT
- Excellent drive and initiative, and sense of personal accountability
- Excellent knowledge of the industry
- Excellent organizational skills and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills in order to move toward a project’s successful completion
- Excellent technical platitude, and understand both business and technical language and ideas
- Able to mentor and train less experienced peers
- Able to lead project requirements and solution offering, in addition to a work-stream within a solution
- Able to hold self and others accountable to achieving high-quality, timely and cost-effective results, while avoiding and resolving conflicts.
- Finds solutions to complex problems and issues. – Routinely develops and weighs alternatives before settling on recommendations and solutions.
- Uses knowledge of assumptions, mental models, context and culture to anticipate problems.
- Communicates well to a wide range of audiences with ease and comfort (e.g., business users, clients, vendors, developers, executives, managers, individual contributors, etc.).
- Experience within, and understanding of, all phases of the SDLC is required (Iterative Development models and non-iterative models)
- The ability to create technical documentation (including Visio documentation of overall business solution) required
- Understanding of Relational Database Management Systems is preferred
- Understanding of data warehouse and data mart concepts is a plus
- Good understanding of marketing concepts
- Working knowledge of project management methodologies and creation of defined artefacts
- Understanding Email tools and technologies is a plus
- Subject matter expertise in products and services, in the Digital Marketing domain
- 10 to 12 years of client-facing consulting experience identifying client’s business challenges and technologies to understand their business needs.
- Must be willing to travel
- Requires 15+ years of related experience
- Master’s in Business Administration (Preferred)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.