Website IBI GROUP
We are a global architecture, engineering, planning, and technology firm defining the cities of tomorrow.
By connecting design and technology, we change how people experience their built environment. We work across disciplines to create the intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, and efficient infrastructure that shapes the way people live, move, learn, and heal.
With over 3,000 employees and 60+ offices around the world, we understand what it takes to work locally and scale globally.
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
Clients love us, developers seek us out, and the awards keep rolling in – this is where you come in to help amplify our message across the globe. You’ll have the chance to put your stamp on a tech-driven design firm that isn’t simply leading its market, it’s shaping it.
Reporting to the Chief Operations Director, this role blends long-term vision, strategic decision-making, and hands-on tactical savvy specifically related to our digital marketing, brand and communications strategy.
You’ll be the resident expert in digital marketing and communications, providing leadership to a team of over 14 professionals around the world. In this position you’ll play a strategic role in partnering with the Regional, Global and Sector leaders to support our business development efforts through marketing and communications activities in support of substantial new and diversified streams.
The ideal candidate has been exposed to change — you’ve experienced it, embraced it, and most importantly you’ve driven it in past roles. This role confers influence over nearly every aspect of our marketing and communication activities within the business including resource/staff allocation, project priority, and strategic approaches.
You’ll be working in a fast-paced environment, where being hands-on is par for the course. It won’t be easy. You will be asked to work harder and smarter than most corporate jobs, but you’ll get real satisfaction from your work by leaving your mark.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provides leadership, strategy and direction to the marketing, communications, and brand teams, including recruitment, onboarding, setting goals and objectives, performance management and career development
- Provides coaching and mentoring, identifies areas for growth and ensures team achieves annual goals and objectives
- Leads the development, implementation, and monitoring of annual budgets
- Initiate and drive the internal communication strategy by identifying what is needed to raise the overall excellence of internal communications relating to the organization, its brands and senior management, and developing metrics for evaluating program effectiveness
- Manage & evolve existing communications channels, and work with various stakeholders to translate information into interesting, exciting, succinct, and relevant employee content
- Scope: Collaborate with colleagues to build efficient internal comms ecosystem and share relevant news with all mutualized teams across the region
- M&A: Work with Investor Relations Advisor and Manager, Communications to develop all internal and external comms relating to M&A
- Augment corporate and trade public relations to enhance the corporate reputation with key external audiences
- Media: Liaise with CEO and Manager, Communications, as well as relevant members of the executive team to develop responses to media including coordinating media interviews, holding media events and act as spokesperson when appropriate
Corporate Brand & Media
- Work closely with all regions/sectors to identify key themes, and then generate coverage in traditional and nontraditional media
- Guide key messages and press materials for focused business and corporate trade press outreach
- Stay current on key industry and policy issues
- Work with Manager, Communications to create communication plans and programs to amplify brand initiatives to all relevant stakeholders (media, headquarters, employees, etc.)
Digital Media & Marketing
- Review, evaluate and improve the experience (including information architecture and paid content) of existing digital marketing platforms, including websites, intranet and social media channels
- Support and evolve existing strategies, including annual social media strategy development, by consulting on optimization techniques and conducting competitive analysis
- Initiate new marketing strategies, tactics, and ideas, aligned to the company’s strategic plan and ESG goals
- Work with the brand and communication leads to develop integrated marketing campaigns, leveraging web, SEO/SEM, email, social and display advertising
- Make data-driven decisions to improve performance around brand awareness
- Support the team with site architecture and optimization strategies for the home page of the employee intranet and future internal communications platforms
- Manage and mentor the digital administrator
Executive and Investors
- Work hand in hand with the Executive, Sectoral and Regional Leadership to create company strategy narrative and share it with all employees
- Lead the organization of IBI Group’s Annual Meeting of Shareholders and annual report
- Crisis Management: Member of the Crisis Core Team and act as Communication Leader in case of corporate crisis event
- Manage external crisis communications and serve as liaison handling process and work closely with the Legal department to ensure crisis preparedness
- Work collaboratively with IBI Group’s Innovation Team.
BASIC SKILL LEVEL REQUIREMENTS
- EDUCATION: Minimum of Bachelor’s degree required – preferably in Communications, Journalism or Public Relations; Master’s preferred
- ENVIRONMENT/TOOLS: Windows Operating System, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint
- YRS. OF EXPERIENCE: 10+ years of experience in a communications role with a strong track record in creating employee engagement and impactful external campaigns with increasingly senior experience in brand and marketing communications
- Must have experience dealing with North American stakeholders
- Must have experience working within the following industries: AEC (Architecture, Engineering, Construction), Management Consulting, or Partnership models with multiple subsidiaries/entities
- Highly computer literate and technologically savvy with an excellent understanding of Microsoft Office and webpage platforms
- Strong project management skills
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong time management and planning skills
- Sound problem solving and analytical skills
- Able to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to work with, influence and partner with Executive team members
- Courage to have a voice and willingness to take the heat if necessary
- Past experience at a TSX-listed company an asset
- Experience in crisis management and managing external agencies
We are currently in a work from home model during COVID-19, but when we do return to the office we’re located at 55 St. Clair Ave West, this office is steps away from St. Clair station and is easily accessible by bike, TTC and car. Occupying 7 floors, with over 700 employees, it is the largest office at IBI Group. The floors are open concept and represent our collaborative approach to projects.
IBI Group provides a competitive benefit package and pays association dues and licensing fees.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are proud to support the growth and equality of our people through initiatives like our Mentorship Program, Global Women’s Network, and Diversity & Inclusion Council. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, race, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of IBI Group’s selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer. These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record. #ibi
We request applicants submit RESUME AND PORTFOLIO highlighting relevant work experience. Please limit PDF files to 10MB
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.