Dignity Funerals Ltd
We have immediate positions available for Embalmers to join our team on a permanent basis at the following locations.
You will ensure consistent delivery of the highest levels of client service as set out in ‘Helping our Clients Every Step of the Way’, ensure that all deceased are given proper and appropriate treatment in a dignified manner and ensure the best possible standards of preparation and presentation. You will carry out the instructions from the arrangement.
- Fully comply with the quality standards manual and Dignity’s internal procedures.
- Responsible for preparing the deceased to be placed in the coffin, with an eye to final presentation (including the condition of the coffin), taking into account any instruction made by those responsible for the arrangement.
- Be prepared to offer advice to community staff on presentation of the deceased.
- Ensure identification procedures are strictly adhered to.
- Work closely and develop positive relationships with the Support Service Manager/Area Manager and recommend operational initiatives that ensure co-operation between support and client services (e.g., embalmer productivity, liaison with staff responsible for dealing with clients who will be spending time with the deceased)
- Identify unnecessary costs and recommend controls to Business Manager/ Funeral Manager.
- Ensure that the reception of the deceased into the mortuary is consistent with company policy and procedures.
- Complete all company and statutory documentation.
- Fully comply with all Dignity’s Internal Procedures and NAFD Code of Practice. You will be responsible for and ensure that, approved materials and chemicals are used in appropriate quantities complying with COSHH regulations.
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety and immunisation requirements.
- Adhere to the reporting procedures of all accidents in the body preparation area.
- Ensure that the working practices, facility, and its equipment are maintained to the highest standards according to Health and Safety and company procedures.
- Be resolute about handling the deceased with care, tenderness, and complete respect for their dignity
- Have gained or is working towards the British Institute of Embalmer’s Diploma or the Dignity recognised equivalent
- Be physically fit and able to lift and carry heavy weights in accordance with manual handling procedures
- Commitment to funeral service
- Hold a full UK Driving Licence
During the recruitment and onboarding process we will be adhering to the social distancing guidance from the government.
About Dignity PLC:
Dignity is one of the UK’s most trusted providers of Funeral Services and Prepaid Funeral Plans, serving over 800 local communities nationwide. We strive to set the highest standards for funeral services, facilities and care.
As a collection of the UK’s finest Funeral Directors, we are honoured to serve the local communities we are a part of, with expertise and uncompromising compassion.
By joining Dignity, you will be joining a team of caring and ambitious people around the UK. If you are looking for a rewarding and challenging role then apply to join our team.
Location: Various roles extended over multiple locations including London, Surrey, Sudbury, Newcastle, Maidstone, Aldershot, Hampshire and Folkstone.
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time, 38.33 per week
Salary: Negotiable – dependent on skills & experience
Benefits: 22 days holiday + bank holidays
You may have experience of the following: Embalmer, Funeral Director, Funeral Services, Mortician, Undertaker, etc.