PALO ALTO NETWORKS
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy.
We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work.
We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks.
And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
The Federal Engagement team is responsible for the successful implementation, execution, and relationship management of all National Security Division engagements with Expanse.
This team sits between Sales and Engineering to deliver maximum analytical value to our end users, ensure strong product engagement, drive renewals and expansions, solicit product feedback, and scope new product features.
Engagement Managers are crucial to ensuring the success of our engagements with NSD clients, thus enabling Expanse to build a new cybersecurity product category.
This role will identify processes, product features, and deployment strategies that pave the way for Expanse to scale quickly both within existing customers and to new customer bases.
Federal Engagement Managers will work with senior team members and executives across Expanse to continually improve product performance and impact, effect customer retention, and facilitate rapid feedback loops between product, marketing, and our users.
- Training users on the technical functions of the Expander platform
- Leadership briefings at customer sites to ensure understanding of Expanse’s capabilities and engagement progress
- Defining the global Internet sensing vision for our customers, in part by assisting them with the operationalizing of Expanse Expander. This often requires assisting them with workflow development, implementation of Expander into existing toolkits, and understanding their most pressing technical challenges
- User engagement and adoption; understanding the unique bureaucratic environments in which the user operates
- Customer training with Expanse products and services
- Leadership briefings
- Analytical support at customer request; guide customers through analytic workflows within Expander, participating at all stages of customer investigations to drive wins; this requires mastering our product capabilities and providing ongoing QA support for Expander
- Technical troubleshooting (in collaboration with Engineering team)
- Serve as “customer advocate” with members of product management and engineering to improve Expander
- Solicit and document customer feedback using qualitative and quantitative methods – Write and disseminate detailed engagement progress reports to relevant team members across Expanse
Renewals and Expansion
- Manage clients and procurement to facilitate contract renewals and customer expansions on products and services
- Ideally 4-6 years experience in technical client engagement and/or technical intelligence analysis
- Knowledge of government/military organizations and functions; e.g., understanding organizational structures, hierarchy and how to apply Expanse use cases to target audience
- Ability to systematically analyze challenges with the end goal of optimizing adoption
- Strong oral communication, including presentation skills, and presence
- Aptitude to learn new technical content
- Advanced understanding of broad cybersecurity issues (plus, not a requirement)
- Collaborative attitude
- Clearance: Minimum Secret
- Travel expectations of 15%
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work.
From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected].
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.