What’s the opportunity?
This role is focused on maintaining our fleet records accurately and ensuring that all asset moves are made in a controlled and documented way. Directly linked to this is the responsibility for ensuring that we adhere to our routine servicing schedules and compliance against our internal business controls.
In a broader capacity, the individual will support the National Fleet Manager in collating fleet utilisation data and helping to present data in clear and easy to understand formats, which can in turn be used to improve performance.
Beyond collating the data, the individual will also be required to help identify efficiency savings and document the business case associated with fleet transfers or reductions between sites.
Ensuring that all sub-contractors engaged are certified and have SLAs agreed prior to their use will also be a large part of the role.
- Ensuring that the CONNECT database is maintained and accurately reflects the locations where fleet is assigned. This will form a core part of the weekly routine that will require the administration of fleet transfer requests between sites and, where necessary, obtaining the right levels of authority to action fleet moves
- Working closely with engineering teams to ensure that fleet is presented on time for service and maintenance, simultaneously ensuring that we comply with all requirements of vehicle licensing
- Systems maintenance to include administration of the ISOTRACK system, creating accounts and amending GEO Fences. At a more analytical level the individual will be responsible for producing fleet utilisation data and reports for publication within the business. Taking this information, the individual will also be expected to identify trends and define opportunities for improving utilisation through either asset transfer or park up
- Alignment of fleet across the following systems:
– CONNECT – Asset register
– Zurich database – Isotrack
– O Licence – Fleet by store template
- Accuracy of the CONNECT database
- Overall trend of fleet utilisation and fleet size
- Level of legal compliance
What will you need to succeed?
- The ability to influence people at all levels of the organisation and a hunger to ensure people fulfil their responsibilities with regard to completing actions will be important. Working across the whole business it will also be important for the individual to think in an integrated, One Gist, way.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Structured and well organized
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong ambition to add value
- Passion and enthusiasm
- Ability to build excellent relationships
- Innovative thinking around effective solutions to problems
- Experience in transport operations, fleet management and legal compliance would also be highly desirable.
Where will Gist take you?
We are always focused on developing our people to enable them to reach their full potential. If you have the drive, aspiration and flexibility required, we can offer excellent development opportunities to ensure you build a successful and rewarding career with Gist.
We offer an attractive benefits package, which includes a competitive basic salary, company car, pension, healthcare 25 days annual leave and an industry-leading bonus scheme.
Gist is an award-winning supply chain specialist that combines an integrated network of people, experience and expertise to transform supply chains. With industry-specific understanding and excellence, Gist’s solutions bring end-to-end visibility and implementation, from concept to delivery.
Operating in a wide range of commercial and industrial sectors, including grocery, foodservice and gas, Gist works in partnership with customers such as Starbucks, Marks and Spencer, Tesco, Morrisons and 2 Sisters Food Group.
To apply for this job please visit gistworld.mua.hrdepartment.com.