About Jumeirah & the Hotel:
Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinguished impact on the global hospitality market for more than two decades with its Stay Different™ brand promise.
its award-winning destinations, such as the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, elevated dining destinations, and surprising architecture and design at the heart of every guest experience.
Today, Jumeirah operates a world-class portfolio of 23 properties across the Middle East, Europe, and Asia and employs over 8,000 colleagues, representing over 106 nationalities.
As Jumeirah continues to expand its global portfolio and scales up its operations to the next level of growth, it remains fully committed to developing and empowering our colleagues to excel in world-class environments.
About the Job:
We currently have opportunities for Head Waiter/ess to join us and be an instrumental part of the Jumeirah F&B dining experiences that we cater to our guests.
As a Head Waiter/ess, your role will be to serve guests’ requirements to their satisfaction, efficiently and courteously to the Jumeirah Service Standards.
The main duties and responsibilities of this role are:
- Supervise effectiveness of workflow and sequence of service during service periods and provides constant hands-on support.
- Supervise closely and monitors the cashiering function of the outlet to ensure compliance with Jumeirah Cashiering Procedures.
- Monitor customer satisfaction and respond to customer feedback and complaints ensuring Jumeirah procedures for Customer Satisfaction and Complaint Handling are followed.
- Inform Outlet Manager / Assistant Manager of any complaints, negative feedback from guest after they first try to resolve.
- Actively use the database of customer details / history to assist in guest recognition.
- Advice the Outlet Manager / Assistant Manager of any improvements needed in relation to restaurants operation including updates to SOPs or addition / deletion of SOPs.
- Conduct performance evaluations of colleagues, training of colleagues, guidance, coaching and counselling of colleagues.
- Responsible to assist management in the identification and recognition of any example of “excellence in service or teamwork”.
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of F&B SOPs and ensure these are upheld at all times through constant observation and coaching.
- Assist the Outlet Manager / Assistant Manager in the implementation of the marketing activities and to achieve desired results.
- Conduct the pre-service shift briefing in the absence of Outlet Manager / Assistant Manager
- Ensure opening and closing checklist are completed on a daily basis.
- Supervise and monitor the completion of weekly cleaning schedules.
- Conduct regular briefings and training sessions to ensure all colleagues receive the information necessary to perform their jobs.
- Assist the Outlet Manager / Assistant Manager to develop and update F&B knowledge of all colleagues on a regular basis.
- Maintain a working knowledge of relevant sections within the Jumeirah Food Hygiene SOP and assist the Outlet Manager / Assistant Manager ensuring the outlet meets these standards at all times.
- Carry out any other tasks defined by the F&B or Senior Management
- Undertake assigned additional duties when required. These should be completed prior to the opening or after the closing of the outlet.
- Ensure all colleagues attend scheduled training programs.
- Communicate new or amended procedures to relevant departments / colleagues in a timely manner, ensuring they have been understood when instructed by Management.
The successful candidate will have the following experience and skills:
- Have experience within a luxury service environment
- Have a passion for your work and the ability to innovate, with a proven track record within luxury environments
- Have the ability to operate in a diverse and luxury environment with a focus on guest experience
- Be a self-motivator and someone who is ready to challenge in the interest of continuous improvement
- Excellent level of English
- Be friendly, approachable and professional
- Have a high degree of knowledge in Food Hygiene and Safe Working Practice
About the Benefits:
Besides generous F&B benefits and reduced hotel rates across our hotels globally, this role has excellent employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers and any applicant who like to associate her/himself with one of the most luxurious brand in the hospitality industry.
To apply for this job please visit dubaiholding.taleo.net.