- Full Time
- Livingston, UK
About the role
A job where you are in the driving seat!
As the face of Tesco out on the road, our LGV drivers get the opportunity to meet and talk to different colleagues at stores. That’s why this role is about much more than just driving: it’s about helping others and delivering great service, with a smile.
No two shifts are ever the same, for most of the day you’ll feel like your own boss, out on the road delivering to our stores, but there is always a team of managers and colleagues back at the distribution centre ready to support you when you need them.
You’ll meet great people, learn new things and be part of a specialist, diverse team, where everyone is welcome.
Whether you are looking for stability or flexibility to suit your lifestyle, or the opportunity to progress your career, this can be the role for you.
You will be responsible for
- Professionally representing the Tesco brand whilst on UK roads
- Ensuring our products reach our stores on time and in good condition
- Being out on the road but also working collaboratively with colleagues and representing Tesco to everyone you meet
- Driving safely, responsibly and within the law
- Collecting as well as delivering, supporting your distribution centre by moving trailers and keeping vehicles fuelled
You will need
- To be passionate about delivering great customer service
- Friendly, approachable and reliable
- Able to adhere to WTD and EU Drivers Hours
- To become a Tesco Driver, you’ll need a full HGV 1 (C+E) EU licence with no more than six penalty points, needs a valid DQC and a Driver Card.
Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.
About usWorking in Distribution.
A store is only as good as the stock on its shelves. It’s essential that our distribution network is as good as it can be because anything less than perfect means unhappy customers.
Fortunately, as leaders in logistics management, we are up to the task. Using the latest technology, we transport 60 million cases of goods to 3,000 stores every week.
What’s in it for youJoin before 30th September 2021 to receive a bonus of £1,000.
- We will also be awarding all our HGV drivers a market supplement. This will be applied over a 6-month period and paid as a lump sum after each 3-month period:
- From 4th July 2021 through to 25th September 2021 drivers will receive £30 per week paid in 15th October 2020 pay
- From 26th September 2021 through to 18th December 2021 drivers will receive £50 per week paid in 7th January 2022 pay
- This will apply to any new starters who join from 14 July 2021 until 30 September 2021.
- The payment is subject to tax and NI deductions.
All temporary incentives are at Tesco’s discretion and subject to review, variation, and removal.
More key benefits on offer for you:
- Holiday starting at 29 days rising to 31 days after 12 months (includes bank holidays and a personal day)
- A competitive retirement savings plan – Tesco will match up to 7.5% of your contribution
- Life assurance – 5 x your contractual pay
- Colleague discount card including a 2nd card for a family member after 3 months service
- 15% off after every payday for a four-day period and 10% the rest of the month on most Tesco purchases
- Uniform provided
- Join our share schemes – ‘Buy As You Earn’ and ‘Save As You Earn’ after 3 months of service
To apply for this job please visit apply.tesco-careers.com.