HGV Maintenance Technician | Mechanic | Fitter – High Wycombe (HP10 9TD)
Salary – Competitive + Shift Allowance + Benefits
Changing the way the world thinks about waste.
At Biffa, we love working with waste. Whether we’re turning it into sustainable power, finding new ways to recycle it or simply keeping it off the streets, we believe every day is an opportunity to improve the lives of millions.
It’s a view that’s shared by our 7,500+ people around the country, who trust us to provide them with a career that’s always rewarding, often challenging, but never dull. And it’s why we’re the UK’s No. 1 choice for business waste management.
Help us make a difference as a HGV / LGV Technician / Mechanic at our High Wycombe Workshop.
A quick look at the role.
Due to the continued growth, Biffa are looking for experienced and responsible LGV technicians/mechanics to join our growing business.
As an LGV/HGV Technician at Biffa Waste Services you will be part of the team maintaining our fleet of modern waste collection LGV/HGV vehicles in our workshops.
The role requires maintenance and repair of waste collection vehicles and equipment consisting of various makes, models and types, ranging from car derived vans to artic units and trailers.
We have been awarded the British Council 5 Star Safety Award in recognition of our safety standards which reflects the good working conditions we operate in as well as supply all required PPE. So if you are a team player, who offers a flexible work approach and a passion for providing excellent service to our customers, we would be happy to hear from you.
The role will cover a shift pattern of early and lates with the specific shifts being –
7am to 5pm
10am – 7pm
Why it’s an opportunity not to be wasted.
- Maintenance and repair of waste collection vehicles to meet current legislations, health & safety and DVSA standards.
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping across all sections of OHSAS18001 accredited workshop.
- Carry out scheduled inspections and services to ensure compliance with the company’s operator license and DVSA regulations.
- Complete service and repair documentation and any other maintenance documentation in accordance with company standards and legal requirements.
- Repair and maintenance of hydraulic, electrical and pneumatic systems.
- Fault diagnosis and rectification of defects including hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical.
Here’s what we require:
- Fully skilled having achieved a full level 3 HGV apprentice qualification/City and Guilds Qualification/NVQ Qualification.
- Technician level.
- Must have a minimum of a car/van driving licence.
- HGV licence desirable
- IRTEC Qualification desirable.
- Experience with the vehicles used within the waste industry would be a distinct advantage.
- Experienced in hydraulic and electrical systems.
- Welding experience preferred but not essential.
And here’s why you’ll love it at Biffa.
- Competitive salary.
- Ongoing career development, training and coaching – because if you don’t grow, we don’t grow.
- Generous pension scheme.
- Medical and dental scheme.
- Retail and leisure discounts.
- Holiday and travel discounts.
- Bike to work scheme.
- Plus much more.
Dedicated to diversity.
At Biffa we believe different ideas, perspective and backgrounds are key to developing a creative working environment that delivers real results. It’s why you’ll find us championing diversity and equality at every turn.
Agencies need not apply.