Nova Scotia School Boards (NSSB)
South Shore Regional Centre for Education
The South Shore Regional Centre for Education (SSRCE) practices the culturally responsive pedagogy approach in providing an inclusive, diverse, equitable, safe and healthy education that supports learning and success both personally and academically to the 59,000 residents of Lunenburg and Queens Counties, an area of 5,250 square kilometres and a total of 23 schools.
Regional Centres for Education have Employment Equity Policies and/or processes and we actively encourage applications from under-represented groups, particularly people of African Nova Scotian, African Canadian and African ancestry and Mi’kmaw/Indigenous ancestry. Please ensure that you complete the self-identification portion on the position application.
- Attention to detail, demonstrated long term improvement in work skills
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player
- Ability to work collaboratively with school staff
- Cleaning experience or other work background, and willingness to learning cleaning skills
- Completion of WHMIS and first aid training
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
Strong building cleaning skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Adaptable, a team player, supportive of maintaining learning environment.
- Committed to quality work.
- Ability to effectively clean, following a structured schedule.
Cleans area of responsibility as outlined in cleaning run assignments, for example:
- Performing daily routing tasks.
- Performing weekly and monthly tasks.
- Performing annual/school break tasks.
Notifies Head Custodian or Manager of Property Services of:
- Cleaning problems.
- Maintenance requirements of building or cleaning equipment.
Works cooperatively with other administrative, custodial and maintenance staff as required, for example:
- Assisting with annual cleaning of radiators, dusting of light shades.
- Cleaning snow around entrances, spreads salt.
- Carrying out grounds care assignments.
- Assisting Head Custodian with maintenance issues, or in the case of schools which do not have a Head Custodian, carries out routine maintenance functions as necessary.
- Complies with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations.
- Performs other related duties as required.
First consideration will be given to CUPE Local 4982 Members.
TO APPLY: Quoting competition #, applicants can:
- Complete an online resume/profile (Internal CUPE Members can contact [email protected] for their login information). or
- FAX resume with competition # to 902-541-3012. or
- Drop off resume with competition # to HR – 69 Wentzell Dr. Bridgewater, NS B4V 0A2
Thank you for your interest in the South Shore Regional Centre for Education, however, only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ednet.ns.ca.