Website PALO ALTO NETWORKS
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for the better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work.
We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
The Manager Record to Report EMEA will be the regional process owner for the Record to Report accounting cycle within the EMEA region for Palo Alto Networks. In this role, you will be accountable for coordinating the monthly US GAAP accounting and reporting close cycle for each of the legal entities across the EMEA region.
You will own the regional consolidated monthly close accounting analytics, close assurance, and reporting process. You will play a key role in developing the R2R function in the region and implementing various change initiatives and automation projects for the R2R operations in the region.
The role will work closely with various finance and accounting resources within the EMEA region and resources in the APAC region and US corporate teams.
- Responsible for the development and management of the Record to Report (“R2R”) function in the EMEA region
- Drives high operational performance of the EMEA general ledger accounting function for more than 25 legal entities and countries in the region
- Manages the process of preparation, review, and approval of journal entries, and account reconciliations
- Coordinates the monthly EMEA accounting close cycle and ensures all critical monthly close timelines are achieved
- Delivers monthly EMEA flux analysis of key balance sheet and P&L accounts and quarterly balance sheet reviews
- Develops and implements value-adding and business insightful accounting analytics for the region
- Drives new initiatives for process improvement and automation opportunities to continuously enhance the performance of the R2R function in the region
- Supports and drives the regional implementation of any globally driven process improvement and automation projects in the Record to Report function
- Manages EMEA Record to Report internal control related requirements and compliance of the R2R function with all relevant corporate policies and procedures
- Responsible for delivering high-quality EMEA Record to Report process documentation (Desktop and Standard Operating procedures) and is continuously kept up to date
- Partners with key financial close stakeholders in the organization to drive a cross-functional alignment in streamlining the close cycle process in the region
- Manages a small team of direct reports, drives high performance and high-quality output of the team, and you will closely collaborate with, and will drive the optimal service delivery of a team of BPO (“Business Process Outsourcing”) R2R resources
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting is required with prior hands-one US GAAP accounting work experience
- Big 4 accounting firm experience and a qualified accounting certification (CMA/CPA, or equivalent) is a plus
- Relevant experience in an international reporting environment
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet challenging deadlines and priorities on multiple simultaneous projects, and drive changes
- Strategic thinker with a firm grasp on the linkages between business process, financial systems, and accounting
- Comfortable learning new systems and working with large sets of data
- Excellent working ability with US GAAP
- Advanced knowledge and experiences of Financial/Accounting ERP systems, preferably SAP
- Well versed with MS Office applications
- Strong communicator and team player
- Fluent in English (both written and verbal)
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-moving, and demanding environment
- Energetic, positive attitude and open to new challenges
You have a passion for numbers, and our organization has a real passion for cybersecurity. You’re looking for a career with a more fulfilling mission. We have open positions to top talent seeking a financial challenge. Our finance department deals with numbers daily, supporting infrastructure, dealing in automation, and building elegant models and solutions to empower our business lines and solutions. If you’re seeking a financial challenge but with a worldwide impact, this is it.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.