Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards.
Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more.
We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
We’re looking for a network automation engineer who shares our values to help us build tools to configure, monitor, maintain and visualize our global network connecting multiple datacenters, offices and clouds.
As a team, we value correctness, efficiency, and safety. We measure and monitor everything, and have a culture of continuous reflection and improvement.
We aim to eliminate friction in our environment and believe that no project should be delayed due to lack of reliable infrastructure. We believe that a well designed production environment can be beautiful.
- Write and maintain software to solve complex network management and monitoring tasks, including:
- Deploying and auditing configuration of network devices
- Monitoring network health, including metrics collection, visualization, and alerting
- Tracking network utilization over time to assist capacity planning models
- Write proper tests and documentation for all tools
- Collaborate with other teams to design and implement tools that help automate end-to-end processes that involve the network infrastructure
- Integrate existing open source software tools and participate in those open source projects in order to contribute any new features or bug fixes
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- 3+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience developing in at least one of python or Go
- Comfortable using the Linux/Unix command line and command line tools
- Knowledge of networking concepts (switches, routers, protocols such as TCP/IP, etc.)
- A personal commitment to quality
- Knowledge of routing protocols and concepts (BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, etc)
- Knowledge of AWS and GCP networking
- Experience with developing software for highly scalable/distributed systems
- Experience with large-scale installations of Linux/Unix
- Experience with Django and Ansible
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com.
We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square’s purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.