Nova Scotia School Boards (NSSB)
Northeast Kings Education Centre
Vacant: 8-hour position
Effective date: August 16, 2021
Rate of Pay as per CUPE Collective Agreement ($18.16 per hour)
Closing date for applications: August 8, 2021
Terms and conditions of employment, including wages, are in accordance with the Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE) Collective Agreement Local 3876.
Under the supervision of the Assistant Custodial Supervisor, the successful candidate for this position will be required to perform a wide variety of janitorial tasks.
Qualifications and Abilities:
- The successful candidate must be physically able to perform duties.
- Possess the knowledge and ability to apply modern cleaning methods and practices with minimal supervision, and be able to recognize safety hazards throughout the premises.
- Clean, on a daily basis, all assigned areas of the school in accordance with established practices and standards.
- Obtain and maintain sufficient supplies on hand to carry out duties and responsibilities.
- Report any breakdowns, accidents, damage or vandalism to the appropriate supervisor.
- Secure all doors and windows whenever the building is vacated and activate security system if last person to vacate building.
- Perform floor care duties, such as stripping, sealing, waxing, burnishing, etc.
- Perform snow and ice control duties as needed.
- Pick up litter and trash from yards, driveways, parking lots and walkways on an ongoing basis with general clean-ups.
- Perform duties in compliance with school, Operations Department, and Board policies and procedures including occupational health, safety, attendance, work routines, WHMIS, and evacuation plans and the laws of the Province of Nova Scotia.
- Other related duties as assigned.
The successful applicant will be required to provide a Criminal Record Check and a completed Child Abuse Registry – Request for a Search Form.
Qualified applicants from within the CUPE Bargaining Unit local 3876 will be considered first. Confirmation of your educational qualifications must be included with your application. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those short-listed for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ednet.ns.ca.