Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology? Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world? You will fit right in.
By joining one of our teams at Visa Payments Limited, a division of Visa Inc since 2019, you’ll have an opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Being part of Visa, the world’s leader in digital payments technology, our mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network, enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive.
Visa Payments Limited is a financial technology business that provides cross-border payment processing services to banks and payments businesses across six continents through its global network.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we are proud that we are a talented team of 18,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life both within and outside of the office, and whether it is taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programmes, Visa Payments Limited and Visa Inc. respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone.
If you think you could support the Visa family by joining Visa Payments Limited as a Operations Analyst, we want to hear from you.
You’re an individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
Visa Payments Limited is a division of Visa Direct, with a team working on the cross-border pay to account processing capability of Visa Direct.
By joining one of our teams at Visa Payments Limited, a division of Visa Inc since 2019, you’ll be part of an exciting payment solution, helping to shape the payments experience globally.
If you think you could support Visa Payments Limited as an Operations Analyst, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
The Payment Operations Command Centre (POCC) team provides global 24×5 operational event and alert management for Visa Payments Limited. The POCC manages events relating to transaction acquisition, transaction processing and network partner processing. The focus is on fast response times and initial triage to mitigate service impacting events as soon as possible.
As a member of the POCC, the Operation Analyst is a subject matter expert within Payment and Service Operations, providing a high level of support to internal teams. They will monitor all aspects of the Visa Payments Limited service providing technical support to assist with the mitigation or elimination of issues which may be impacting the payment ecosystem.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Monitor all critical events relating to transaction acquisition, transaction processing and network partner processing and resolve or manage the prompt resolution of all incidents
- Proactively monitor, analyse, and resolve events utilizing a variety of application tools and techniques
- Take ownership of events and drive them to resolution in a timely manner as dictated by the impact and severity
- Provide 24 x 7 on-call support as part of a rota
- Provide support for mission critical applications and execute procedures to resolve incidents, ensuring that the incident management process is followed, and all communication requirements are met
- Follow documented support procedures, managing each event through to resolution or escalation to maintain established service levels
- Correlate critical alerts on monitoring platform with actual system outages
- Manipulate basic SQL queries and shell scripts to provide impact analysis. Work with the team to improve existing queries and scripts
- Demonstrate an ability to investigate incidents and provide root because analysis based on application behaviour and log data
- Interact with second level teams to ensure incidents are closed out and impact is clearly communicated per the process in place
- Track update and resolve all assigned events in the event management system, ensuring that documentation is thorough, accurate and of a high quality
- Review and approve new alert handling procedures and ensure they are written clearly and can be carried out by all analysts
- Identify gaps or improvement opportunities in the end-to-end monitoring of the service and develop/implement plans to remediate
- Continually assess and refine monitoring thresholds and prioritisation to deliver a more effective monitoring capability
- Propose and participate in the implementation of process/procedure improvements to better the department and services provided
- Work with Problem Management to identify and fix the root causes of events
- Conduct trend analysis to identify focus areas for continual service improvement
- Maintain technical skills through participation in ongoing training
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.
• Ideally educated to degree level or hold equivalent professional experience. Computing or business-related subjects would be an advantage
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a service monitoring role
• Experience of creating scripts using Prometheus Query Language (PromQL)
• Fundamental experience with Linux/Unix and SQL
• Experience of the ITIL Event Management framework
• Experience of working within a payment processing organisation
• Experience with Splunk, Confluence and Jira
• Ability to communicate technical concepts in a clear and articulate fashion to both technical and non-technical internal and external audiences, at varying levels of management
• Experience of processing systems and services, and their practical application
• Proven ability to manage events across several products and services
• Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to achieve results as part of a team
• Ability to effectively prioritise and multi-task under deadlines
• Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships and work collaboratively with and through others
• Experience of cross functional working
• Highly motivated and results driven
• Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
• Ability to prioritize a constantly changing workload
• Strong verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Strong business, problem solving and data analysis skills
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.